- $ Billion+ Won
- + Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Hurricane Ian Damages
On September 28th, 2022, Hurricane Ian landed on the shores of South Florida. Registering as a Category 4 Atlantic storm, it was one of the most powerful and destructive storms to hit the United States in decades. Hurricane Ian’s deadly winds and floods caused miles of irreparable damage, displaced many Floridians from their homes, and in worst cases, led to tragic deaths.
If you or a loved one suffered damages due to Hurricane Ian, don’t hesitate to contact a Morgan & Morgan hurricane damage attorney for help. For over 30 years, our law firm has been dedicated to helping victims who have had their lives turned upside down by natural disasters get back on their feet. For more information about how we can help, contact our Fort Myers office today by completing our free, no-obligation case evaluation form to have one of our hurricane damages attorneys review your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Recovering After Hurricane Ian?
When a hurricane hits, you can either experience a little bit of rainfall or see entire communities ripped apart. Whether you’re looking to repair water damage or recover the last remaining articles from what once was a place you called home, at Morgan & Morgan, our hurricane attorneys can help as you begin to move forward with your life after this devastating storm. Below we’ve listed important steps to take in preparation for a hurricane insurance claim:
- Take record of all damages: Ideally, in order to prove the damages the hurricane caused to your home, you would have already taken “before” photos of your property before the storm hit. However, in the case you were unable to, you will now need to take “after” photos to show the extent of the damage the hurricane caused to your property. You will need to take pictures of everything, both inside and outside, as well as note any and all the damage you notice. You want full compensation for every single repair you’ll need to make and for every item that has been lost or damaged.
- Protect your property from further damages: Unfortunately, if you do not cover your home or business after a storm hits, insurance companies may take advantage and try to claim that any damage found had occurred after the storm. In some cases, they may even try to claim that it was your fault. After a storm hits, check your insurance policy for your “Duties After Loss” responsibilities to better understand what exactly your insurance company expects you to do. This way, you will not be held accountable for any of the property damage you’ve sustained.
- File your insurance claim as soon as you are able: Many insurance policies will require that you file a claim within a “reasonable amount of time,” which could typically mean within a week or two from when the hurricane hit your area. To ensure you are filing a claim at the proper time, you need to check your policy. However, regardless of what timeline your policy gives you, it is in your best interest to file the claim as soon as you have documented all the damage.
Unfortunately, even if you have taken all of the proper steps to protect your home, insurance companies may try to deny your claim. At Morgan & Morgan, we understand how insurance companies work when filing an insurance claim after a storm, and we’ll work tirelessly to ensure you get the help you need to rebuild your home.
Compensation for Hurricane Damages
The most common forms of damages after a hurricane include, but are not limited to:
- Roof damage
- Fire damage
- Broken windows
- Structural damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Damage to personal property inside the home
- Damage to outside structures; like sheds, pools, and fences
Hurricanes are devastating enough on their own, and you should never have to struggle afterward to get the help you and your family need. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case when it comes to dealing with insurance companies after a major storm. If you want someone in your corner fighting on your behalf, our Fort Myers hurricane attorneys are ready to help you. Please don’t wait to contact us. To learn more, please complete our risk-free case evaluation form today.
How Can a Morgan & Morgan Attorney Help?
At Morgan & Morgan, we believe in treating our clients like family, which is why our Fort Myers hurricane damages attorneys will get straight to work on your case at the very moment you hire them. They’ll work with you in order to ensure you have everything you need to file your insurance claim properly. If the insurance company refuses to pay your claim in full, your attorney will be prepared to fight on your behalf, holding them accountable to ensure that you and your loved ones receive the compensation you need to rebuild and get your lives back on track.
Contact a Morgan & Morgan Hurricane Damage Lawyer Today
After a hurricane hits, the losses you experience can continue to roll in long after the winds and rains have passed. Now more than ever, our communities need to band together to help those who have had their lives turned upside down by hurricane Ian. At Morgan & Morgan, we know the importance of treating our clients like family, especially after a natural disaster. If you or your loved ones have been affected by hurricane Ian, we want to help you get the relief you need in order to pick up the pieces. For more information about how a Fort Myers Morgan & Morgan Hurricane attorney can help you recover after Hurricane Ian, you can complete our free case evaluation form today. See why millions trust Morgan & Morgan after a hurricane.