Rideshare Accident Attorney in Fort Myers12800 University Drive, Suite 600
Fort Myers, FL 33907
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Fort Myers Rideshare Accident Attorney
For more than three decades, Morgan and Morgan, America’s largest injury firm, has been fighting for the rights of individuals injured due to negligence. Accidents involving rideshare drivers are among the cases we handle on a regular basis here in Fort Myers and throughout the nation. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident, contact us today for a free case review. A Fort Myers rideshare accident attorney from our team might be able to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Are Rideshare Drivers Independent Contractors?
Just because the rideshare company claims that these drivers are independent contractors doesn’t necessarily mean they all are. It all boils down to the specifics of the case. In the past, this notion has been successfully challenged in court with the following arguments:
- Rideshare companies exert significant operational control on these drivers, suggesting employee status.
- The companies dictate rates, terms, and conditions, similar to an employer-employee relationship.
- Drivers are central to the rideshare business model, another key characteristic of employee status.
- Drivers have limited autonomy in choosing fares and routes, unlike traditional contractors.
Besides the Rideshare Company, Who Else Can Be Held Liable?
Liability for a rideshare accident doesn’t always end with the rideshare company. In fact, they may not even be liable in the first place. That said, besides the company, you may be able to bring a case against the following parties:
- The driver of the rideshare vehicle if their negligence contributed to the accident.
- Another driver, if a third-party driver caused or contributed to the accident.
- Vehicle manufacturer, in case of a defect in the rideshare vehicle.
- Maintenance or repair service, if improper maintenance or repair led to the accident.
- Government entities, for issues like poor road conditions or inadequate signage.
What’s the Cost of Hiring a Rideshare Accident Lawyer from Morgan and Morgan?
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means that if you hire them to represent you, they only time they’ll get is if they win and secure a settlement or verdict for you. If not, you won’t owe them anything.
Contact Morgan and Morgan to Get Started
Rideshare accident cases are complex and time-sensitive. To increase you chances of obtaining a favorable outcome, please contact us today for a free case evaluation. We might be able to fight for your right to compensation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews