James Moon is an attorney with the trial law firm of Morgan & Morgan in the Fort Myers office. Mr. Moon started his legal career as an assistant state attorney with the Office of the State Attorney, Twentieth Judicial Circuit in Naples, Florida. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan he had been a partner at a prestigious national law firm and practiced in the areas of professional liability defense, insurance claim defense, premises liability, complex commercial litigation, and personal injury litigation.
Mr. Moon received his law degree from Thomas Cooley Law School (Western Michigan University) in 1998, his LL.M. from St. Thomas University Law School in 2006 (cum laude), his Master of Arts in 1995 (summa cum laude) and his B.A. from Eastern Michigan University in 1992. He proudly served his country as an infantryman during the first Gulf War with the National Guard, 38th Infantry Division.
- Insurance Claims
Awards & Recognition
- SW Florida Top 40 Under 40 Award
- New York
- Florida Middle District Federal
- Florida Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Court International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- Collier County Bar Association
- 20th Judicial Circuit Ethics Grievance Board Head
- J.D. Degree Thomas Cooley Law School 1998
- LL.M Degree St. Thomas University 2006 (cum laude)
- Master of Arts Degree Saginaw Valley State University 2005 (summa cum laude)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree Eastern Michigan University 1992.