Grant R. Gillenwater is a premises liability attorney at the Melbourne, Florida office of Morgan & Morgan, P.A. Grant focuses his practice on representing clients who have been seriously injured as a result of the negligence of a property owner. Grant handles all types of accidents that occur at retail shops, restaurants, parks, apartment or condo complexes, hotels, swimming pools, parking lots, or any other location on which a dangerous condition exists. Mr. Gillenwater has been named a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine— an annual publication that recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s young lawyers for the past two years.
He was born in Chicago and raised in Rockford, Illinois. He then moved to St. Augustine, Florida to attend Flagler College where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
Mr. Gillenwater went on to attend Stetson University College of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctor. While at Stetson Law, Grant was selected by the faculty and members of the regional bar to be a member of the Advocacy Board, which has repeatedly placed Stetson Law as the top law school in the nation for advocacy by U.S. News & World Report. As a member of the Nation’s Top Trial Team, Grant competed at the state and national level. Upon graduation, Mr. Gillenwater was inducted into the Order of Barristers and was presented with the Victor O. Wehle Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
Following graduation from law school, Grant immediately began representing clients who had been financially taken advantage of by big corporations. His work soon led him to expand his practice area to focus solely on helping those who had been injured by others due to negligence. Over the years, he has recovered millions of dollars for his clients and their families and continues to obtain settlements from major corporations.
Mr. Gillenwater is a member of the Florida Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association, the Brevard County Bar Association and the Indian River County Bar Association. In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Gillenwater sits on the Board of Directors for the Economic Opportunities Council of Indian River County, which aims to transition individuals and families from poverty to self-sufficiency.
- Dog Bite & Animal Attacks
- Negligent Security & Inadequate Security
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
|$1,619,088.00 Verdict||Linda E. Bergen vs. Ted Landgraff||Car Accidents||2018|
Linda E. Bergen vs. Ted Landgraff
Verdict - 2018
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017 - 2018
- Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award
- 2011 Georgetown University WCCTC: Best Advocate
- 2005 Sinnissippi Audubon Society Person of the Year
- 2004 Illinois Park and Recreation Association Community Service Award
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Order of Barristers
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Indian River County Bar Association
- Economic Opportunities Council of Indian River County
- Board of Directors
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Trial Team
- Leadership Development Certificate
- Flagler College, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science