Morgan Stanley Data Security Litigation
Aguallo, et al. v. Kemper Corp, et al.
Katz v. Einstein Healthcare Network
Checkers Data Security Breach Litigation
Francesca Burne was born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania. She attended Marywood University, where she graduated with majors in English Literature and History, and The Pennsylvania State University’s Dickinson School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctor degree. While at Dickinson, Ms. Burne was awarded the highest honor for her legal brief writing in the American Bar Association’s National Appellate Advocacy Competition and received various awards for her oral advocacy.
Before joining Morgan & Morgan, Ms. Burne served as a law clerk to the Honorable James M. Munley in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Burne is now a member of Morgan & Morgan’s Complex Litigation Group, focusing her practice on class action lawsuits, particularly those involving data privacy and cybersecurity issues. Ms. Burne has experience handling and litigating all aspects of the prosecution of class action litigation, including asserting claims under state and federal law challenging product defects, breach of fiduciary duty, consumer fraud, and unfair and deceptive acts and practices in courts nationwide. Ms. Burne has been honored with the D. Arthur Magaziner Human Services Award for outstanding academic achievement and service to others and the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Award for excellence in trial advocacy.
Ms. Burne is admitted to practice law in both Pennsylvania and Florida as well as various federal courts throughout the country.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- The Pennsylvania State University's Dickinson School of Law
- Marywood University
- The American Bar Association
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Order of the Barristers
- The Florida Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado