Velma Lozano Jones is originally from Texas and lived there for 37 years, primarily in Corpus Christi, but also lived in San Antonio, Laredo, Brownsville, Del Rio, Harlingen and San Benito. She graduated from Del Mar College and Corpus Christi State University, now known as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. She worked full-time while in college to pay for her education. She also was active in her church, St. Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church in Corpus Christi for many years.
Her background is diverse with experience in television advertising sales, real estate sales, grocery store and fast food restaurant management. However, her experience as a casualty insurance adjuster beginning in 1989 was where she began her work in the field of personal injury. She was later recruited to work for a prestigious personal injury law firm in Corpus Christi where she directed her insurance claims experience to helping plaintiffs in their personal injury claims.
Ms. Jone moved to Orlando, Florida in 1997 where she gained further experience in insurance defense as a paralegal. She proudly joined Morgan & Morgan in 2000 where she worked as a Case Manager in the firm’s personal injury department. It was during this time that she was admitted to and attended Florida A&M University-College of Law in 2004. She continued to work full-time while attending law school at night. She graduated in May 2008 and was admitted to the Florida Bar the following September.
She proudly represents the people at the Morgan & Morgan office in Orlando. Her work is in civil trial law in the area of personal injury. Velma Jones is a fearless advocate for her clients and uses her vast experience of 20 years in the field of personal injury and insurance to help her clients through the strains and hardships they suffer after an accident.
Additionally, as she is of Mexican-American heritage, she speaks fluent Spanish.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Florida Bar Association, admitted September 2008
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Section and Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Del Mar College, Associate of Arts – Business Management, 1981
- Recipient of the Ruben Bonilla Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Dean’s List
- Texas A&M University, - Corpus Christi; Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing, 1983
- Delta Sigma Pi, professional business fraternity, member and officer
- Florida A&M University-College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2004
- ABA National Negotiation Competition, Boston, MA
- ABA International Negotiation Competition, Orlando, FL