Keith R. Mitnik was born in Eustis, Florida in 1959. He graduated from Eustis High School in 1977. He graduated from UCF Magna Cum Laude in 1981 with a degree in Allied Legal Services. He graduated from FSU Law School with honors 1984. Upon graduation he was selected to train under one of the premier Trial Attorneys in Central Florida. Within two years he was named a partner by his mentor. He remained in the firm of Robertson, Williams, Mitnik and McDonald until 1992, when he formed The Law Firm of Peed and Mitnik. In 1997 he joined the Law Firm of Morgan & Morgan and is now one of the owners.
Keith Mitnik is Senior Trial Lawyer for Morgan & Morgan. He is designated to assist other members of the firm on their trials; as a result he tries a large number of cases a year.
He has handled many high profile cases and has been interviewed by Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes. Over the years, his list of clients included judges, elected officials, law firms, and world famous musicians. He has handled such high profile cases as the suit against Brittany Spears by her former manager, the suit by the Backstreet Boys against their former manager, the suit by Harlem Globetrotters legends including Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon against The Harlem Globetrotters, the civil suit against Casey Anthony, and the “Tailwind” case against CNN and Time Magazine (one of the leading defamation cases of the last decade). He has been honored as a member of the Florida Legal Elite, Florida’s “Super Lawyers”, Best Lawyers in America (2013 Lawyers of the Year), and Martindale’s Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.
Mr. Mitnik has obtained a long list of verdicts in excess of a million dollars. In the last few years, he has jury verdicts of $1 Million, $1.35 Million, $2.4 Million, $2.7 Million, $5.1 Million, $18.1 Million, $27 million, $40 Million, and a $90 Million (which was the 7th largest verdict in America for 2010).
He is a frequent seminar presenter for plaintiff’s lawyers in Florida and across the country sharing his cutting edge lawsuit strategies. More information on Mr. Mitnik’s seminars and books is available here.
- Business Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Tobacco Litigation
|$3,700,000.00 Verdict||Tiffany M. Versakos Debord v. Karl Kluckholn||Car Accidents||2019|
|$1,100,000.00 Verdict||Blackwelder vs. Volpe||Car Accidents||2017|
|$1,190,000.00 Verdict|| Davis v. Groundtek|
|$900,000.00 Verdict|| Smith v. Sirine|
|$8,000,000.00 Verdict|| Roundtree v. Schultz|
|$100,000.00 Verdict||Krause v. Adventist Health||Medical Malpractice||2016|
|$110,000.00 Settlement||Longo v. Morales||Medical Malpractice||2016|
|$740,000.00 Verdict||Stachowiak v. Pacheco||Car Accidents||2016|
|$784,898.00 Verdict||Nate Dixon, SAS, GPN v. Security Systems, Inc. and David Roman||Business Litigation||2016|
|$6,400,000.00 Verdict||Estate of John Price v. RJ Reynolds, et al.||Product Liability||2016|
Tiffany M. Versakos Debord v. Karl Kluckholn
Verdict - 2019
Blackwelder vs. Volpe
Verdict - 2017
Davis v. Groundtek (LIST case)
Verdict - 2017
In The Media
- 4 Tips To Overcome Hidden Juror Bias In Injury Trials
- Daily Beast Apologizes, Admits Former Notre Dame Football Coach Lou Holtz Never Called Immigrants 'Deadbeats'
- Morgan & Morgan Wins $8 Million Verdict in Daytona Beach Car Crash
- Jury Slaps RJR With $6.4M Verdict, but $0 Punitives, in Trial Over Smoker's Fatal Emphysema
- Watch the Rebuttal Argument that Delivered an $18.9M Verdict in Motorcycle Crash Case | Florida Video Vault
- Conversation with John Morgan, Keith Mitnik - Zenaida Gonzalez' attorneys
- Zenaida Gonzalez Seeks Punitive Damages Against Casey Anthony
- The Florida Bar
- The Tennessee Bar
- Florida Justice Association
- Middle District of Florida Federal Court
- Northern District of Florida Federal Court
- Federal Court of Claim - D.C.
- 11th Circuit Court Appeals - Federal
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Florida Legal Elite
- Florida’s Super Lawyers
- Orlando’s Best Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- University of Central Florida, B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 1981
- Florida State University Law School, J.D. with Honors, 1984