W. Doug Martin was born in Beckley, West Virginia in 1980 and has lived in Central Florida since the age of five. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Finance from the University of Florida in 2002. Mr. Martin graduated from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005, where he received the Book Award for Trial Practice and Honors for Appellate Advocacy.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Martin worked for one of the largest law firms in Florida defending hospitals, businesses, and insurance companies. In 2008, he joined and became a partner at a referral based personal injury firm handling claims involving wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, product liability, premises liability, nursing home, automobile and trucking negligence.
In 2017, Mr. Martin joined the Orlando office of Morgan & Morgan, where he currently focuses his practice on personal injury litigation, as well as civil trial litigation. Mr. Martin provides aggressive representation while maintaining compassion for his clients. In each case, Mr. Martin brings his experience litigating cases in both state and federal courts, as well as significant trial experience. Mr. Martin has won significant verdicts on behalf of his clients, including verdicts of $6,560,000.00, $1,426,767.11 and $366,179.18. Mr. Martin has been recognized for his superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a lawyer.
Since 2011, Mr. Martin has received the honor of being named a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star. Since 2012, Mr. Martin has received the honor of being a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40. In 2013, Mr. Martin received an AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. Additionally, Mr. Martin was awarded Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up & Comers for 2012. Mr. Martin is 1 of 174 attorneys in the state of Florida under the age of 40 who received this honor. Mr. Martin has served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Central and Northern Florida, Young Lawyers Section of the Orange County Bar Association and Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association.
- Brain Injury
- Car Accidents
- Civil Trial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
|$1,657,052.65 Verdict||David W. Vandewater vs. The Yard Stop Garden Center Inc., A Florida Profit Corporation||Premises Liability||2018|
|$799,999.99 Settlement||Violeta Zadwarny vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company||Car Accidents||2018|
|$300,000.00 Settlement||Maria DaCosta vs. Allstate Insurance Company||Car Accidents||2018|
|$51,442.76 Verdict||Victoria Paradiso, As Parent and Natural Guardian of J.F., a minor, v. Orange County, Florida||Premises Liability||2017|
David W. Vandewater vs. The Yard Stop Garden Center Inc., A Florida Profit Corporation
Verdict - 2018
Violeta Zadwarny vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Settlement - 2018
Maria DaCosta vs. Allstate Insurance Company
Settlement - 2018
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell®. AV Preeminent®: The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that the lawyer’s reviewed peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – One of only 2.5% of attorneys in Florida
- 10 out of 10 AVVO Rating
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is a professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who meet stringent qualifications and specialize in the legal practice of criminal defense or civil plaintiff.
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite “Up & Comers” are classified as attorneys under forty (40) years old or practicing fewer than ten (10) years. Each of the named attorneys earned the respect and votes of their peers in the Legal Elite balloting. Only 1.8% of Florida Attorneys have received this honor., Florida Trend’s Legal Elite Up & Comers, Florida Trend Magazine, 2012
- All Courts in the State of Florida;
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, North District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted 2006, Florida
- Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Board of Directors (2009-2016) New Member Liaison (2012) Social Chair (2009-2011) Secretary (2010)
- Legal Aid Society’s Board of Trustees, Board Member
- Guardian Ad Litem pro bono work for the Legal Aid Society
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Justice Association
- The Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section
Pro bono/Community Service
- OCBA YLS: Lawyer to Law Student Mentoring Program
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central And Northern Florida Board of Directors (2010-2016) Golf Classic Chairman (2012)
- Florida Citrus Sports: Futures Ambassador (2008-2010)
- University of Florida, B.S. Business Administration and Finance, 2002
- University of Florida Levin College of Law: Juris Doctorate 2005: Honors Appellate Advocacy, Book Award-Trial Practice, Honor Court Defense Counsel, Student Conduct Committee Advisor and Pi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Fraternity