David A. Spain
David Spain began his career as an Attorney in September 1989 and has been with Morgan and Morgan, P.A. since February 1996. He received his undergraduate degree from the University Of Central Florida (UCF) and his Law degree from the University of Florida (UF) College of Law.
Mr. Spain has an extensive background in both Civil and Criminal law. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, P.A., he served as Chief City Prosecutor for the City of Orlando, as an Assistant Statewide Prosecutor for the State of Florida, and as an Assistant Public Defender in the Ninth Judicial Circuit and as a Special Agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Since joining Morgan & Morgan, he has focused his practice on civil trial litigation, disability insurance claims, ERISA Claims, insurance disputes, life insurance claims, plaintiff insurance litigation, property damage claims, and sinkholes.
As an Adjunct Law Professor at the University of Central Florida, David Spain taught pre-law courses for 4 years. He has also served on a Florida Bar Rules Committee and various Citizen Advisory Boards addressing a variety of state and local issues. Mr. Spain has also been a frequent lecturer on legal practice topics for Attorneys, Colleges and Professional Associations.
- Morgan & Morgan, P.A. since February 1996
- Adjunct Professor, University of Central Florida
- Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- City Prosecutor, City of Orlando
- Assistant Public Defender, Ninth Judicial Circuit
- Board of Supervisors, Urban Orlando Community Development District, Elected 2008, Re-elected unopposed 2012
- Orange County Citizens' Review Board, Appointed 2004, Re-appointed 2006
University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1989
- President, John Marshall Bar Association (Law School Student Government)
- State competitor, Trial Competition Team
- Florida Blue Key
- Phi Delta Phi
University of Central Florida, B.A., 1986
- Chief Justice, Student Government
- Delta Tau Omega Honor Society