Bret C Gainsford was born and raised in South Florida. He received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from the University of Florida, and obtained his law degree from Vanderbilt University. He returned to Florida after law school, and went to work for a national defense firm, where his practice focused on products liability and e-discovery.
In 2010, Mr. Gainsford began prosecuting the claims he previously defended, representing individuals and/or or the families of people harmed by asbestos-containing products. He is now Of Counsel to the Firm, and runs the Firm’s Asbestos and Mesothelioma practice group.
Outside of the office, Mr. Gainsford spends most of his time with his wife, two young children, and their dog.
- Central Florida Gator Club - Board Member
- Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation - Miracle Miles 5k/15k Committee
- Florida Bar
- Illinois Bar (retired)
- The United States Supreme Court
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- University of Florida, B.A. Political Science cum laude, 2003
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2007