Bret C. Gainsford was born and raised in south Florida. He received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from the University of Florida, and obtained his law degree from Vanderbilt University. He returned to Florida after law school, and went to work for Akerman Senterfitt, a national defense firm, where his practice focused on products liability and e-discovery.
In 2010, Mr. Gainsford came to Morgan & Morgan to prosecute the claims he previously defended. Mr. Gainsford now focuses his practice on asbestos-related litigation, representing individuals and/or or the families of individuals harmed by asbestos-containing products.
Mr. Gainsford has distinguished himself by being named “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine four times, which recognizes the top 2.5% of the State’s young lawyers. To be eligible for “Rising Stars,” an attorney must be under the age of 40 or have been practicing for 10 years or less. A multiphase selection process is used to determine which attorneys will receive this distinction, and nominees are evaluated on the basis of peer recognition and professional excellence.
In addition to his professional responsibilities, Mr. Gainsford is active in the local community. He is on the Board of the Central Florida Gator Club, and volunteers with the Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation, specifically serving on the Miracle Miles 5k/15k Committee.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Florida Bar
- Illinois Bar
- The United States Supreme Court
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Central Florida Gator Club - Board Member
- Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation - Miracle Miles 5k/15k Committee
- University of Florida, B.A. Political Science cum laude, 2003
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2007