Prior to relocating to the Tampa Bay area in early 2024, Blake spent his entire 17-year legal career as a general practice trial attorney in Georgia, trying cases all over metro-Atlanta. Blake has tried numerous bench and jury trials in all courts, in and around Metro-Atlanta, including the Northern District of Georgia Federal Court. He has tried family law cases, criminal cases, personal injury cases, probate cases and general civil litigation cases throughout his career. Blake has also successfully handled numerous appeals and has argued before the Georgia Supreme Court and Georgia Court of Appeals. Blake recently joined Morgan & Morgan - St. Petersburg office, to dedicate 100% of his practice to helping those who have been injured.
Blake grew up in Gainesville, Georgia, and graduated cum laude from the University of South Carolina in 2003. In 2006, he received both a Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Civil Law degree from the Louisiana State University Law Center.
Blake became a member of the Georgia Bar Association in 2006, and is currently admitted to practice in the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. In September, 2010, he was admitted to practice law in South Carolina, and is licensed to practice in all Circuit Courts, Courts of Equity, the South Carolina Court of Appeals, and the South Carolina Supreme Court. In 2023, Blake was admitted to practice law in the state of Florida.
Blake, his wife, son, daughter, and their two dogs reside in St. Petersburg, Florida, where he is excited to begin exploring all that Tampa Bay has to offer and getting involved in the local community. Outside of the practice of law, Blake enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching sporting events, cooking on his Big Green Egg and traveling. Blake is an avid fan of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks and the Atlanta Braves.
- Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D. – 2006, B.C.L. – 2006.
- University of South Carolina, cum laude, B.A. in History and Political Science – 2003.
Cobb County Bar Association
Georgia Bar Association
Atlanta Bar Association
American Bar Association
Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
South Carolina Bar Association
Florida Bar Association - St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Georgia Courts, 2006
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- South Carolina Circuit Courts, Courts of Equity, the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina
- Supreme Court, 2010
- Florida Courts, 2023
Awards and Recognitions
- U.S. News and World Report, Best Lawyers in America, 2021 - 2024 (2022 Lawyer of the year - Metro Atlanta - Family Law)
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016-2020
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2023, 2024
- Former Partner at Tier 1 U.S. News and World Report rated law firm.