Emily Jeffcott joined Morgan & Morgan’s Pensacola office in 2019 as a trial attorney. Her practice areas extend primarily to pharmaceutical litigation. Ms. Jeffcottt is a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Taxotere MDL, serving as co-chair for the law & briefing committee and a member of the science committee. Ms. Jeffcott has also served on the law & briefing committee for the Zofran MDL litigation. Her past experience also includes the FEMA Trailer Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1873 and the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, MDL No. 2179.
Ms. Jeffcott has also represented whistleblowers across the country. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Ms. Jeffcott was lead counsel for Relators in a $150 million qui tam settlement against Bechtel and AECOM for false claims related to the Hanford Nuclear Waste Treatment Plant in Washington. Ms. Jeffcott has also litigated cases involving Medicare fraud.
A 2009 graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law, Ms. Jeffcott received numerous accolades for her oral advocacy skills and brief writing, including being named the top advocate of her law school class and ABA’s third-best advocate in the United States. An avid reader and writer, Ms. Jeffcott publishes regularly in legal journals and magazines distributed worldwide.
- Mass Torts
Awards & Recognitions
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013 – 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012
- National Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014 – 2018
- Top New Orleans Lawyer, 2013 – 2018
- Louisiana Association for Justice Community Service Award, 2015
- Nominated Writer, 2008, American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers
- State of Louisiana
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Academy of New Orleans Trial Lawyers
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas Juris Doctorate, 2009