James J. Henson is a second generation Orlando native. He attended Stetson University and received both his Bachelors of Business Administration (B.B.A.) and Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.). After graduating with his M.B.A. Mr. Henson went to work in the hospitality industry and worked for several large Orlando area resorts in a senior level management role. After working almost 10 years in hotels Mr. Henson realized that he wanted to help people and went to law school at Stetson University College of Law where he obtained his Juris Doctorate (J.D.).
Prior to working for Morgan & Morgan, P.A., Mr. Henson represented employers defending employment claims. During this time his clients included hotels, theme parks, movie studios, restaurants and several manufacturing plants. Realizing that he wanted to make more of an impact for his clients Mr. Henson joined Morgan & Morgan in its Employee Rights Group. He is dedicated to handling claims on behalf of employees against employers, including Wage & Hour violations, discrimination claims, Family Medical Leave Act claims, ADA claims, Whistler Blower claims, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act claims, Retaliation claims and other employment claims. He represents individuals as well as class and collective actions.
- Disability Discrimination Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Whistleblowers Litigation
- Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Florida: Northern, Middle and Southern Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Stetson University, Bachelors of Business Administration, 1997
- Stetson University, Masters of Business Administration, 1998
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2009