William B. Lewis
William B. Lewis is a partner and manages the firm’s Southeast Florida offices.
William is an experienced trial attorney with an established track record of significant recoveries. He has won jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations in venues throughout Florida. He has also recovered numerous settlements for his clients – many in excess of a million dollars.
William litigates cases on a contingency-fee basis, which allows his clients to level the playing field against larger, wealthier, or insured opponents. He is driven by the philosophy that justice requires cases to be decided on the merits – not by the size of a corporation’s or insurance company’s legal budget.
William has been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of The Best Lawyers in America. He has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as Florida’s “Legal Elite” – an award given by lawyers to less than 1.5% of fellow Florida Bar members. He has repeatedly been named a Florida Super Lawyers "Rising Star," which recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. And on multiple occasions he has been honored by his peers as one of Palm Beach Illustrated’s “Top Lawyers.”
William is actively involved in the legal and professional community. He has been appointed to multiple terms on the Florida Bar’s Committee on Professionalism. He has been the chair of the Palm Beach County Bar’s Circuit Civil Court Committee and the Business Litigation Committee. And he was a South Florida Business Journal 40 under 40 honoree.
William is also a dedicated University of Florida alum. He is the Immediate Past-President of the University of Florida Law Alumni Council after serving in multiple leadership positions. And in 2021 he was honored by the University of Florida Alumni Association as one of the 40 Gators Under 40.
Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, William litigated large-scale antitrust cases. He also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the State Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted multiple successful jury trials while still in law school.
William graduated with honors from Colgate University and the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he was a board member of the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, and received an MBA from the University of Florida Hough School of Business.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder Derivative Actions
- Florida Bar Association
- Committee on Professionalism
- Business Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee, Past Chair
- Business Litigation Continuing Education Committee, Past Chair
- Judicial Relations Committee
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council, Past President
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Publications & Related Articles
- Morgan & Morgan’s South Florida Team Secures $800k Verdict for Non-Fatal Crash, Aug. 12, 2022.
- South Florida Attorneys Rethink Strategy Amid State, Federal Court Litigation Surge, April 20, 2022.
- South Florida Construction Verdict Shows Contract Provisions Can Make or Break a Case, Mar. 16, 2022.
- Our next round of 40 Under 40 honorees for 2020, July 10, 2020
- Contingency Fees Allow Businesses to Effectively Pursue Claims During a Recession, June 11, 2020
- Best Buy Accused Of Sending Woman Directly To Hacker, December 6, 2019.
- Business Trial Group Wins $400k FINRA Arbitration Award, April 16, 2019.
- Seven Business Trial Group Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List, June 20, 2018.
- Business Trial Group Wins $771k Verdict for Florida Family, April 24, 2018.
- Business Trial Group Wins Trial on Behalf of Estate, April 18, 2018.
- Seven Business Trial Group Attorneys Selected as Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, June 21, 2017.
- William B. Lewis Appointed to Florida Bar Professionalism Committee, June 14, 2017.
- Business Trial Group Wins Verdict in Sales Commission Case, September 21, 2016.
- Business Trial Group Attorneys William Lewis, Damien Prosser, and Benjamin Webster Awarded Super Lawyers Distinction, June 23, 2016.
- How Commercial Real Estate Brokers Can Recover Unpaid Commissions, June 13, 2016.
- Law Firm Hourly Rates Hit $2,000: How Can Businesses Afford High-Quality Representation? June 1, 2016.
- Business Trial Group Helps Small Business Owner Win Jury Verdict Against Safeguard America, May 17, 2016.
- The Plausibility Standard as a Double-edged Sword: The Application of Twombly and Iqbal to Affirmative Defenses, The Florida Bar Journal, June 2010, at 77.
|Collazo, Kevin vs Progressive Select Insurance Company||Car Accident Lawyer & Auto Injury Attorneys|
|Grey Construction v. Royal Estates of Cooper City||Construction Defect & Payment Lawyers|
|Anne C. Grey v. Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc.|
|John Doe v. John Doe||Professional Malpractice Lawyers|
|de la Paz, et al. v. de la Paz||Breach of Contract Lawyers|
|Fusco et al. v. Smith et al.||Breach of Contract Lawyers|
|Nate Dixon, SAS, GPN v. Security Systems, Inc. and David Roman|
|Siscon, Inc. v. C&P Trading and Sales, Inc.|
Collazo, Kevin vs Progressive Select Insurance Company
Grey Construction v. Royal Estates of Cooper City
Anne C. Grey v. Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc.