Ms. Murthy’s practice focuses on wage and hour litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as other types of employment litigation, including lawsuits alleging discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or religion, and harassment and retaliation in violation of federal and state law. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan in 2011, Ms. Murthy worked for over five years with the international law firm of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, representing Fortune 100 companies in single-plaintiff and class action litigation involving issues of unpaid wages and discrimination. Ms. Murthy now puts her considerable experience to use on behalf of employees whose employers have wrongly withheld wages, or have discriminated against them in violation of the law.
Ms. Murthy earned her J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2004. While in law school, Ms. Murthy was a senior articles editor for the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal. She earned her B.A. in English and Law & Society from Oberlin College in 2001.
Ms. Murthy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Florida, and before several federal courts across the country, including the Third, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals, and all U.S. District Courts in Florida.
Ms. Murthy is also active in the community. She currently serves as the president of the South Asian Bar Association of Florida, and is on the board of directors of the New Theatre.
- Employment Litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Overtime Law
- Workplace Harassment
- Labor and Employment Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Colorado
- District Courts of Florida (Middle, Northern, Southern)
- District of Idaho
- Western District of Michigan
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Tennessee
- South Asian Bar Association of Florida - President (current), President Elect (2015), Secretary (2014)
- New Theatre - Board of Directors - 2015-present
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 2004
- Senior Articles Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- South Asian Law Student Association
- Oberlin College, B.A. 2001
- Oberlin Student Children’s Outreach
- Secretary, South Asian Student Association