Angeli Murthy is a shareholder in the firm and is board certified by the Florida Bar in labor and employment law. She specializes in employment litigation, including lawsuits alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (failure to pay minimum wages and overtime); unlawful harassment, discrimination and retaliation in violation of federal and state law; and breaches of contract for commissions or other earned wages. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan in 2011, Ms. Murthy practiced for over five years in the Labor and Employment Practice Group of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, where her clients included Fortune 100 companies. At Morgan Lewis, Ms. Murthy represented employers in all types of single-plaintiff and class action employment litigation. For the last decade, since joining Morgan & Morgan, Ms. Murthy has put her considerable experience to use on behalf of employees whose employers have wrongly withheld wages, or have discriminated against them in violation of the law.
Since joining Morgan & Morgan, Ms. Murthy has achieved several notable victories for her clients, including several jury trial wins in both state and federal courts. In addition, Ms. Murthy has successfully argued and won a number of federal appeals, and has argued before the Third, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals. Ms. Murthy has also had success in reaching positive settlement outcomes for her clients in both individual and class and collective actions, with many six and seven figure settlements to her credit.
Ms. Murthy earned her J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2004. While in law school, Ms. Murthy was a senior articles editor for the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal. She earned her B.A. in both English and Law & Society from Oberlin College in 2001.
Ms. Murthy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and Florida, and before several federal courts across the country, including the Supreme Court of the United States, the Third, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals, and all U.S. District Courts in Florida and Pennsylvania.
Ms. Murthy is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell, and has been a speaker at CLEs in Florida and California on topics pertaining to the Fair Labor Standards Act. She also is a member of the South Asian Bar Association, which she previously served as president; the National Employment Lawyers’ Association (NELA); and the Labor and Employment Section of the Florida Bar, for which she currently serves on the Executive Council.
- Employment Litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Overtime Law
- Workplace Harassment and Discrimination
- Class/Collective Actions
- All state and federal courts in Florida and Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Colorado
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
- District of Nebraska
- Western District of Tennessee
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Labor and Employment Section of the Florida Bar
- Executive Council (2021- present)
- Chair – Wage and Hour Administration Liaison Subcommittee (2019-2021)
- South Asian Bar Association of Florida
- President (2016)
- President Elect (2015)
- Secretary (2014)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. 2004
- Senior Articles Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- South Asian Law Student Association
- Oberlin College, B.A. 2001
- Oberlin Student Children's Outreach
- Secretary, South Asian Student Association
|Bollinger v. Marlin Construction Group, LLC||Employment and Labor Attorneys|
|Dease v. Morton Electric, Inc.||Employment and Labor Attorneys|
|Caiazza v. Marceno, et al.||Employment and Labor Attorneys|
|Pena, Melido v. RDI, LLC||Employment and Labor Attorneys|
Bollinger v. Marlin Construction Group, LLC
Dease v. Morton Electric, Inc.
Caiazza v. Marceno, et al.
In The Media