Tom Jerla is an attorney with Morgan & Morgan in the firm’s premises liability division located in Plantation, Florida. He joined the firm in June of 2021. His practice is dedicated to representing clients suffering from injuries due to the negligence of individuals and corporations including but not limited to shopping centers, malls, and grocery stores. Tom has dedicated his practice to representing injured individuals since 2012.
After graduating law school, Mr. Jerla worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office where he tried more than forty cases to verdict. Prior to leaving the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office in 2007, he was assigned to the Economic Crimes Division where he was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of investment fraud, insurance fraud, mortgage fraud, healthcare fraud, embezzlement and identity theft.
Following his career as an Assistant State Attorney, Tom handled hundreds of cases on behalf of a national janitorial service company. As a result, he understands how these corporations evaluate liability and claims in premises cases and can utilize his knowledge to aggressively conduct discovery and hold these businesses and individuals accountable for their wrongdoing.
In his free time, Tom enjoys spending time with his wife and son. In addition, Tom serves on the Board of Directors for The 22 Project is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping military veterans suffering from PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Temple University
- Pace University School of Law
- Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (PBCJA)
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys (ATAA)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Awards and Recognitions
- Martindale Hubble AV-Preeminent Rating since 2012
- 2016 Super Lawyers Rising Star