Ashley B. Winstead was born and raised in East Tennessee. She graduated cum laude from The University of Tennessee at Knoxville with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2004 she moved to Florida to attend law school. Following graduation from Florida Coastal School of Law she began working for a nationwide insurance defense firm where her practice focused on defending large corporations and insurance companies against personal injury claims including medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, premises liability and negligent security matters. In 2012 she became a partner with the defense firm and focused her practice on premises liability representing one of the world’s largest retail chains.
In early 2017, Ms. Winstead joined Morgan & Morgan where she uses her experience in representing large corporations and insurance companies to now exclusively represent individuals and families who have been injured due to the negligence of others.
Ms. Winstead was named a Rising Star by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016 and 2017. This distinction, which is voted on by peers in the legal community, is only given to the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state.
Ms. Winstead enjoys spending her free time with her husband and daughter.
- Car Accidents
- Civil Trial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Wrongful Death
|$100,000.00 Verdict||Joanne Mogavero v. Starbucks Corp.||Burn Injuries||2017|
|$2,228,679.00 Verdict||Rosetta Harris v. PBH Mayport, Llc, d/b/a Promenade at Mayport and B H Management Services, LLC||Slip & Fall||2017|
Joanne Mogavero v. Starbucks Corp.
Verdict - 2017
Rosetta Harris v. PBH Mayport, Llc, d/b/a Promenade at Mayport and B H Management Services, LLC
Verdict - 2017
In The Media
- Woman Says Crowley Fired Her After She Took Time Off to Care for Her Daughter With Cancer
Action News Jacksonville
- US woman burned by Starbucks coffee awarded $100,000
- Florida woman severely burned by Starbucks coffee awarded $100K
- The Florida Bar
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Jacksonville Justice Association
- The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, B.A., Political Science, 2004
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2007