Tavares Wrongful Death Attorneys
Tavares Wrongful Death
14229 US 441
Tavares, FL 32778
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Tavares Wrongful Death
The loss of a loved one is one of the most painful experiences an individual can bear. But the loss becomes even more devastating when the family discovers the death might have been entirely avoidable and caused by the reckless actions of another.
In your time of loss, the idea of a lawsuit is likely the last thing on your mind. But our attorneys in Tavares may be able to ease your financial burdens in this trying time and help you get justice for the harm done to your family through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our state has laws designed to help mourning families avoid financial hardship following this type of loss, so you can focus on coping with your grief, not your bills. If you have lost a loved one due to a preventable accident, we can help.
To learn what our Tavares wrongful death attorneys may be able to do for you, please fill out our free case evaluation form today.
What Is Wrongful Death?
According to Florida’s Wrongful Death Act, a wrongful death occurs when a life is taken due to an unexpected and avoidable accident caused by negligence. The most common accidents involved in wrongful death cases include car, truck and motorcycle accidents, medical errors, workplace accidents, as well as the use of defective drugs and products.
In the case of a wrongful death, survivors — such as the deceased’s spouse, children, parents, and other family members who were dependent on the deceased for support — may have the right to receive compensation for their losses.
What You Could Recover in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If you file a wrongful death claim, your family may be able to recover compensation for your losses. Florida’s Wrongful Death Act outlines the damages different members of the family could receive following the death of their loved one:
- Each survivor is entitled to the value of both past and future loss of support and services from the deceased, based on the deceased’s probable net income and the life expectancy of the deceased and the survivor.
- The spouse is entitled to compensation for loss of companionship and for mental pain and suffering.
- The parents of a minor child are entitled to compensation for mental pain and suffering.
- The parents of an adult child can receive compensation for mental pain and suffering if there are no other survivors.
- Any survivor who has paid medical or future expenses on behalf of the deceased may recover them.
- The estate of the deceased may recover lost earnings from the date of injury to the date of death and any medical or funeral expenses due. The estate may also recover the savings the deceased would have accumulated had they lived, provided the deceased had a spouse or children.
How Our Attorneys May be Able to Help
No amount of money can bring your loved one back, but our wrongful death attorneys are determined to help families in Tavares to get justice. We will fight on your behalf to try and establish the link between the defendant’s reckless conduct and your loved one’s wrongful death in order to prove fault.
If you have lost a loved one due to an avoidable accident, we can help. To learn what our Tavares wrongful death attorneys may be able to do for you, please fill out free case evaluation form today.