Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach, FL Workers’ Compensation
- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
West Palm Beach, FL Workers’ Compensation
Everyone is entitled to a safe work environment. When we’re at work, our employers are responsible for our safety, and, if we’re injured, for restoring both our health and our livelihood. Florida law requires almost every employer to carry Workers’ Compensation insurance to pay for medical bills, medications and medical equipment, make up for lost wages, and provide job replacement benefits—but insurance companies may try to deny your claim or offer you less than you need.
If you or a loved one have a workers’ compensation claim, you need to have an attorney who will fight to make sure you get what you deserve. Morgan & Morgan knows how to take on powerful insurance companies. We understand the law and are dedicated to protecting your rights, and our more than 700 attorneys nationwide have won over $9 billion for our clients. Contact us today by filling out our free, no-risk case evaluation form.
What Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
The consequences of a workplace injury can range from a simple problem leading to treatment bills with no loss of work, to a partial disability necessitating in-patient and outpatient treatment plus missed hours at work, and, in the most serious cases, to a permanent disability causing lasting changes to your life and career. Workers’ Compensation insurance is designed to provide financial relief to compensate employees for workplace injuries.
What Are Some Types of Workplace Injuries?
Even a traditionally non-hazardous job can lead to injuries, including:
- Overexertion: Jobs that force you to work beyond your physical capabilities, or for more hours than reasonably expected, could lead to serious conditions including joint, neck, and back injuries, and hernias.
- Slip and Fall: If your workplace includes obstructions or slippery surfaces, you are in danger of falling and sustaining injuries such as broken bones, strains, and concussions.
- Repetitive motion injuries: The cumulative stress of your job can lead to serious injuries including carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff injuries, and persistent pain.
- Hazardous materials: Jobs that involve exposure to hazardous substances, including carcinogens, toxic chemicals, and other irritants, must operate under strict safety standards. Your employer is supposed to protect you, but some do not live up to this responsibility.
- Struck-by-Object incidents: If an object falls, slides, rolls, swings, or flies at you while at your workplace, you could sustain serious physical harm.
Even if you had an existing problem, if more than 50% of a disability is attributable to a workplace injury, you may be eligible for Workers’ Compensation. And, if you’ve sustained an injury due to the actions of a third-party, you may be able to pursue a separate claim. Contact Morgan & Morgan today to find out by filling out our free, no-risk case evaluation form.
What Sort of Compensation Can You Receive?
- Medical expenses: All treatment, including hospital costs, medications, and outpatient services.
- Lost wages: Compensation for missing time at work or losing the ability to work.
- Job retention: Florida employers are not permitted to fire you because you’ve filed a Workers’ Compensation claim—which doesn’t mean some won’t try.
- Job retraining: If your injury makes it impossible to continue in your job, you may be assisted in finding another position or career.
- Pain and suffering: This can include emotional trauma and lasting mental health difficulties.
- Wrongful death
What Should You Do if You’ve Been Injured at Work?
- Find an attorney that will fight for you: You don’t need an attorney to file a claim, but if you want to get everything you deserve, you need lawyers who have been up against powerful insurance companies before, lawyers who Fight For The People, Not The Powerful.
- Call Morgan & Morgan: We know how to build the strongest possible case for you. And we work on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid unless you win. The risk is ours, not yours.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Office
If you or a loved one have been injured on the job, contact Morgan & Morgan’s West Palm Beach office. It costs nothing to hire us, and the initial consultation is always free. Schedule yours today by filling out our free, no-risk case evaluation form.