- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Tallahassee Aviation Accidents
You may have heard that flying is safer than driving, but that doesn’t mean that aviation accidents don’t happen. Unlike car and boat accidents, aviation crashes are almost always fatal, and when there are survivors, injuries are typically catastrophic. If you or someone you love is seriously injured in a Tallahassee aviation accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
At Morgan & Morgan, our experienced team of personal injury attorneys works tirelessly to protect your rights. Additionally, our lawyers are prepared to do what is best for you, whether that means accepting a settlement or championing for your right to compensation at trial.
What Causes Aviation Accidents in Tallahassee?
According to Boeing, a leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, between 2005-2014 there were 404 commercial jet accidents. In some aircraft accidents the cause is immediately apparent while others require months, if not years of investigation to determine what went wrong. Our airplane accident lawyers in Tallahassee leave no stone unturned when searching for clues to reveal the cause of your aviation accident.
The following are some of the common causes of aviation accidents:
- Mechanical failure — Many people are surprised to learn that a large number of commercial airplanes in use today were actually built decades ago. These aviation relics are constantly being updated with modern computer systems to ensure passenger safety. However, even with numerous onboard safety checks, mechanical failures affecting the landing gear, engines, cabin pressure, and other components may occur.
- Weather — On land, water, or in the sky, Mother Nature still reigns supreme. Even the most experienced pilot flying the most technologically advanced airplane can lose control and crash as a result of thunderstorms, fog, hurricanes, and other types of inclement weather.
- Pilot error — Despite needing 300+ hours of flying experience, commercial pilots can still make mistakes. Examples of pilot errors that can lead to aviation accidents include fatigue, intoxication, and lack of experience.
Statute of Limitations For an Aviation Accident Death in Tallahassee
Nothing compares to the pain of losing a loved one. If your relative passed away in an airplane accident and you believe negligence is to blame, contact an attorney as soon as possible. In Florida, the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims is two years. This means you have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a lawsuit.
Contact Our Experienced Team of Florida Aviation Accident Attorneys Today
Morgan & Morgan comprises an experienced team of prominent trial attorneys who fight aggressively for your right to compensation. If you lost a loved one in an airplane accident or have been seriously injured yourself, our lawyers want to advocate for you. For more information on our services or to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer about your case, call (850) 329-6895 or contact us today.