- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Sarasota, FL Product Liability
Those who design, manufacture, and sell products have a legal and ethical liability to ensure the safety of their product before it ends up in the hands of consumers. When their products enter the market with defects or the potential to cause harm, it puts you and your family at risk for injury or worse.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that the emotional distress and financial hardship that accompany your injury are just as challenging as the physical damage. Our product liability team will work with you every step of the way and fight for your full, fair compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, contact our Sarasota office today. Fill out a free case evaluation to get started.
A defective product is one that is dangerous or harmful when used. These include:
- Defective Design: The product design itself could be flawed, causing the end result to be defective. Also, the product could be advertised for an intended purpose but design flaws make it potentially dangerous to use.
- Defective Manufacture: While the design of a product can be stable, a faulty manufacturing process can cause the product to not malfunction. A manufacturing defect could be something small or large that causes the product to become dangerous or harmful, like a wiring issue in an electronic appliance which causes the product to overheat.
- Defective Marketing: The product itself could be without flaws, but the advertising of the product could cause consumers to use it in an unsafe way. The advertising could make it seem safer than it actually is, display it being used in an unsafe manner, or fail to give proper instructions/warnings regarding the product use.
While the manufacturer is commonly to blame in many product liability scenarios, it’s difficult to determine who’s at fault. But, by having a skilled product liability lawyer on your side, you can navigate through the complicated legal process and fight for compensation.
Types of Products
Any product that is marketed to consumers can contain defects that put you at risk. Common examples of these tangible products are:
- Medication and medical equipment
- Automobile and automobile components
- Food and drink
- Buildings and building materials
- Household items (appliances, furniture, etc.)
Some common examples of intangible products are:
- Internet and software
- Gas, electricity, and water
Any product or item can be subject to a product liability claim if it causes harm to the user or individuals in the surrounding area. We understand the price for pain is infinite, which is why we’ll fight for your full and fair compensation.
No Out-of-Pocket Costs
In the most stressful moments of your life, we have your back. We believe that everyone should be able to afford comprehensive representation regardless of their financial situation. That’s why our team operates on a contingency, meaning we only get paid when you do. Our fee comes out of the favorable settlement or jury award, so you never have to worry about paying out of pocket for our assistance.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product, we understand and are here to help. Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation today and see why there’s only one Morgan & Morgan.