Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach, FL Medical Malpractice
1700 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 500
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
West Palm Beach, FL Medical Malpractice
We trust our healthcare professionals. We have to. They hold our lives in their hands—but far too often, through negligence, incompetence or just not doing their jobs the way they should, they fail us. It has been estimated that although over 200,000 Americans die as a result of Medical Malpractice each year, making it the third most common cause of death, many possible claims are not pursued.
If you believe that you or a loved one have been injured by the action or failure to act of a healthcare professional or institution, you need someone to fight for you. You need lawyers who understand the law, who can guide you every step of the way, who know how to take on powerful insurance companies. You need Morgan & Morgan, a nationwide firm with over 800 attorneys who have won over $15 billion for their clients. Contact us today by filling out a free, no-risk case evaluation form.
Morgan & Morgan
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Each Medical Malpractice case is based on four elements:
- Duty of Care: What the acceptable standards of care should be.
- Dereliction: A proven deviation from that standard that led to an injury
- Damages: Both the economic (for example, lost wages and medical bills) and non-economic (intangibles such as pain, suffering, and inconvenience) consequences of the injury
- Direct Causation: Proof that the actions of the healthcare professional or institution were the actual cause of the injury.
What Are Some Specific Types of Medical Malpractice?
Anesthesia Awareness: Under general anesthesia, patients are unconscious and unaware of the pain of surgery. Unfortunately, sometimes a patient regains consciousness during the procedure.
- Emergency Room Errors: In the hectic environment of an E.R., doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals can make any number of errors, including mismanaging medications, delaying diagnoses or making inaccurate conclusions, and neglecting to monitor patients.
- In-Patient Errors: Everything that can go wrong in the E.R. can continue after admitting, including misdiagnosis, medication errors, and failure to monitor patients. Inappropriate treatments can cause unnecessary pain, serious side effects, and lasting impairment.
- Postoperative Negligence: Medical personnel is responsible for monitoring patients after surgery. At this delicate time, improper monitoring can have serious consequences.
- Medical Device Errors: Medical devices are only as good as the skills of those using them. Misuse can lead to injury, misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis, among other health concerns.
- Hospital Malpractice: Hospitals may be liable for malpractice as well. For example, if the hospital fails to properly evaluate its personnel, it may be legally responsible for any injuries caused by its staff.
What Should You Do if You’ve Been a Victim of Medical Malpractice?
Act Immediately: Florida Medical Malpractice law imposes a two-year statute of limitations, with an additional two-year window for injuries that are not immediately apparent. And cases in Florida have a high burden of proof, with sworn testimony from a medical expert essential to establishing the claim.
Call Morgan & Morgan: We know Florida Medical Malpractice law and we know how to fight for you. Our attorneys will go through every aspect of your case, explain your options, keep you informed every step of the way, and never stop working to protect your rights. We work on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid unless you win. The risk is ours, not yours.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Office
If you believe that you or a loved one have been a victim of Medical Malpractice, contact Morgan & Morgan’s West Palm Beach office. We are dedicated to always fighting For The People, Not The Powerful.
It costs nothing to hire us, and the initial consultation is always free. Schedule yours today by filling out our free, no-risk case evaluation form.