TAMPA INSURANCE CLAIM LAWYERS
Tampa Insurance Claims
When the unexpected occurs, you expect your insurance company to pay according to the terms of your policy. You, as a policyholder, should not have to face an uphill battle when insurance companies refuse to provide the service and coverage that you paid for.
The purchase of insurance is intended to offset unexpected financial losses. In Florida, and throughout the Southeastern United States, the insurance dispute lawyers at Morgan & Morgan deliver outstanding legal representation to ensure your interests are protected when your insurance company denies or delays a valid claim.
What is a Bad Faith Insurance Claim in Tampa?
Florida law requires insurance companies operating in the state to deal honestly and fairly with policyholders when a claim is filed. Actions by insurance companies that may be seen as bad faith include:
- Failure of an insurance company to settle a legitimate claim when it could and should have been handled.
- Payments made by insurance companies that are not accompanied by an explanation of the payment being made.
- Keeping an insurance payment in process in order to influence other aspects of insurance coverage.
A denied insurance claim does not necessarily mean your insurance company is dealing with you in bad faith. Insurance companies denying claims are a common business practice when a claim does not appear to fit the language of a policy.
What If My Claim is Denied?
If your insurance company reviewed and responded to your claim in a timely manner, and provided explanation of the denial, you may still have a dispute—but not necessarily a bad faith insurance claim.
Because of the complexities of insurance claims, denials, and the advantage held by insurance companies over their insureds, it is important to talk to an insurance claim lawyer if you experience the following:
- Delay: Unexplained delays in the process of your claim should be cause for concern. You may fail to receive acknowledgment of your claim. When you follow up, the agent may again fail to acknowledge or respond to your claim. Be alert for the continued failure of an insurance company to carry out its obligations under your insurance contract.
- Deny: A bad faith insurance claim may occur when your insurance company denies a legitimate claim. Similarly, the insurance carrier may attempt to offer you far less than the coverage you are entitled to under your policy.
- Defend: Failure to adequately investigate, follow insurance claim procedures, or act reasonably with regard to your claim, is reason to consider consulting legal counsel or filing a complaint with the Florida Division of Consumer Services.
At our Tampa offices, the legal team at Morgan & Morgan is dedicated to pursuing settlement or claim compensation for our clients who suffer bad faith insurance practices. We also deliver aggressive legal advocacy on a wide range of insurance disputes, including:
- Business or homeowner loss
- Disability or Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) claims
- Automobile, health, life, fire, and storm loss insurance disputes
- Medical billing
Work With Experienced Insurance Claims Attorneys in Tampa
When you need strong legal representation on an insurance, personal injury, or business litigation matter, talk to us at Morgan & Morgan. Located near the Crosstown on Franklin Street, we offer a free case evaluation to learn about your case and answer your questions. Call us today at (813) 223-5505.