TAMPA AVIATION ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Tampa Aviation Accidents
If you, or a loved one, are involved in an airplane crash, our attorneys at Morgan & Morgan deliver experienced legal service to help you obtain the maximum compensation for your injury through settlement or verdict.
With decades of experience handling aviation law across the nation, our Tampa lawyers move quickly to secure the evidence and facts of the accident, work with state and federal agencies, and support you with information about the legal process. We help you understand your situation and skillfully advise you about options when your future is altered by the negligence of others. Contact us today for a free case evaluation to learn more about how we may be able to help.
Understanding the Complexity of a Plane Crash in Florida
The Tampa Bay area is a hub for local, international, and military aviation traffic in Florida and the Southeastern United States. While a tragic airplane accident brings to mind large commercial carriers, general aviation (GA) accidents involve turbojets, rotorcraft, gliders, and other craft.
With the volume of air traffic in the Tampa Bay area, plane accidents are common. After an accident, cause is important to determine. According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), approximately 47 percent of fatal general aviation accidents in the U.S. between 2008 and 2014 involved loss of control by pilots.
The National Aviation Administration (FAA) notes that other leading causes of accidents in general aviation include:
- Flight into terrain: Lack of clear visuals, rugged landscape, lack of preflight planning
- Component failure: Loss of power or piloting capability due to inadequate maintenance, preparation, or design
- Fuel and mechanical: Low quality or lack of fuel, mechanical or electrical failure, poor planning
- Low altitude: Distraction, lack of situational awareness, outdated technology or resources
- Mid-air collisions: Distraction, controller error, inexperienced pilot
- Unknown variables: Pilot error or training, spatial disorientation, instrument approach, poor planning, pilot impatience
We Put Our Experience With Florida Aviation Law to Work For You
Because several factors can contribute to a plane crash, multiple parties are immediately involved when an aviation accident occurs. When you contact our attorneys in Tampa, we immediately investigate your case to preserve evidence, contact witnesses, and engage with all parties, who may include:
- State and federal aviation agencies like the NTSB, the FAA, and other legal and regulatory agencies
- Airport and airstrip operators, airplane owners
- Common carriers like commercial airlines
- Maintenance and flight crews
- Weather, environmental, and other experts
Rapid response is essential when you, or a family member, suffer personal injury in an airplane accident. In Florida, and throughout the Southwest region, our lawyers provide decisive legal representation to support your injury claim with the facts of your case and achieve maximum compensation.
Call Morgan & Morgan for a Free Consultation
With the resources of a national law firm, our Tampa law firm delivers aggressive legal representation combined with personalized client service. Located on Franklin Street, not far from the Crosstown, we offer a free consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions. Call (813) 223-5505 or contact us today to find out how our legal team can help you.