Winter Haven Wrongful Death Attorneys
Winter Haven Wrongful Death
523 East Central Avenue
Winter Haven, FL 33880
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Winter Haven Wrongful Death
The death of a loved one caused by an unexpected accident is one of the most difficult losses a family can experience. In addition to grieving for their loss, the family members may also be confronted with costly medicals bills, as well as the loss of income or support of the deceased. We understand that the period following a fatal accident can be an extremely difficult time for the victim’s family, and a lawsuit may be the last thing on your mind. However, a wrongful death lawsuit may help ease the financial burden you and your family are facing following the death of a loved one.
Our wrongful death attorneys have decades of combined experience helping families in the Winter Haven area recover financially after the death of a loved one. If your spouse or immediate family member has died in an accident involving negligence, medical malpractice, or another type of wrongful act, our Winter Haven wrongful death attorneys may be able to help. In Florida, there is a time limit in which a wrongful death claim may be filed, so it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible.
Fill out our free case review form today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation from our Winter Haven office.
Damages Available in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The following types of damages are available in a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Medical and Funeral Expenses: Through a wrongful death lawsuit, the surviving spouse and certain relatives of the decedent may be able to recover medical costs incurred as a result of the incident that leads to the victim’s death. In addition, funeral expenses may be recovered through a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Loss of Income and Retirement Benefits: The victim’s spouse and family members may be able to receive compensation for the value of lost earnings and retirement benefits. To determine the value of this loss, our wrongful death attorneys will work with economic experts and actuaries who will review the decedent’s employment history and explain to a jury, if necessary, the economic loss that the family will suffer as a result of the wrongful death.
- Loss of Services: In cases where the decedent performed household services for the family, the surviving spouse, and certain family members may be eligible to receive compensation for the value of these services.
- Loss of Parental Companionship: Minor children (and adult children if the decedent does not have a surviving spouse) may be entitled to compensation for loss of parental companionship, guidance, and instruction.
- Punitive Damages: Although rare, punitive damages are awarded by courts in cases involving intentional, reckless, or grossly negligent conduct. Punitive damages are intended to discourage others from engaging in similarly dangerous behavior.
Causes of Wrongful Death in Winter Haven
Our wrongful death attorneys handle lawsuits involving:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Boat and jet-ski accidents;
- Birth injuries;
- Defective products, including prescription drugs and defective medical devices;
- Unsafe premises;
- Workplace accidents, including exposure to hazardous chemicals;
- Pedestrian and bike accidents;
- Nursing home abuse; and
- Drowning accidents.
If your spouse or a family member has died because of the negligent, reckless, or intentional act of another, a Winter Haven wrongful death attorney may be able to help you recover compensation for your losses. Please contact our Winter Haven office for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.