Winter Haven Product Liability
When a Winter Haven resident is damaged by a defective product, it is important for them to know their rights. Large product manufacturers can seem intimidating, and likely bring powerful legal counsel with them. But you have more legal rights than you may realize. And with Morgan & Morgan, you have a law firm that can go toe to toe with these big companies. Manufacturers have a legal responsibility to produce products which are safe for consumers.
Often though, a desire for expedient production and maximum profits leads to shoddy engineering, insufficient testing, and products that have the ability to cause serious harm to customers. Product liability claims arise when a person is injured by a defective or otherwise dangerous product. In Winter Haven, products liability claims are viable only if the resulting injury stems directly from a manufacturing defect. Defective products or drugs can lead to considerable financial loss, serious injury, and even death.
Examples of Recent Product Liability Claims
- Forced Place Flood Insurance
- Unfair Overdraft Protection Fees
- Home Equity and Commercial Lines of Credit (HELOC)
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage Interest Rates
- Transvaginal Mesh
- DePuy ASR Hip Implant
- Shoulder Pain Pump
- Fluidmaster No-Burst Supply Lines
- Electrolux Dryers
- Frigidaire Dishwashers
Types of Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims generally fall into one of four main categories described below: defectively manufactured products, defectively engineered products, marketing defects, and failure to warn or instruct.
- Defectively Manufactured Product: A defectively manufactured product is one which contains a flaw not in its blueprint design, but rather in its individualized manufacturing. In other words, the defective product is different from the other ones on the shelf due to a unique error in its production.
- Defectively Designed Product: Defectively designed products are those with inherently dangerous or defective design models. Unlike defectively manufactured products, in which only singular instances of the product are faulty, products with a design defect contain an error in their engineering or blueprints.
- Marketing Defects: Marketing defects claims typically involve products that have been falsely or incorrectly advertised. Most commonly, these types of claims are filed against pharmaceutical companies who advertise that a drug or medical product can be used in an unapproved and dangerous function, or a company that claims its product is safe when they are aware that it is not.
- Failure to Warn or Instruct: Claims concerning the failure to warn or instruct are typically filed against manufacturing companies that neglect to provide adequate warnings, instructions or any otherwise necessary information about a product which deviates from the commonly marketed model.
Contact Morgan & Morgan Today
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that a defective product or drug can cause significant physical, emotional and financial distress. This is why our trusted Florida products liability attorneys are committed to maximizing the recovery for anyone suffering due to a faulty or improperly advertised product. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, receive a free case review by filling out the simple form on the right.
Offices near New York
Current call wait: 6 seconds