Hurricane Damage Attorney in Miami
Miami has endured some of the most destructive hurricanes on record, and every season the possibility of another major storm looms.
The effects of a hurricane are often devastating, and recovery can be a lengthy process. If the insurance company refuses to compensate you for your losses, it only complicates matters.
Our attorneys understand that you have a lot to contend with in the aftermath of a major storm. It’s our job to hold the insurance company accountable and help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Find out how our Miami attorneys can help by scheduling a free, no-risk case evaluation.
How Can I Protect My Claim?
There’s virtually no limit to the damage a hurricane can do:
- Broken doors and windows
- Moisture damage
- Structural damage
- Fire damage from downed wires
- Damage to outdoor structures such as sheds and pools
- Removal of shingles, gutters, siding, and roofing
- Interior damage to furniture and appliances
It’s important that, no matter the type and extent of the damage you incur, you take certain steps to protect your claim:
- Document everything: Assess your property, and make a list of all damaged and lost items, no matter how small. Take photographs and keep inventory as you go.
- Protect against further losses: Your policy likely has a “Duties After Loss” section that details your responsibilities after a disaster. It likely instructs you to try to minimize further losses. If you can safely do so, take measures such as placing a tarp over damaged areas of your roof. Taking steps such as these will make it so the insurance company can’t reasonably blame you for further damage after the storm.
- Review your policies: Review your homeowners insurance policy and flood insurance policy to identify procedures for reporting losses. It’s likely required that you report your losses promptly. The insurance company might use any delays on your end to justify denying your claim.
How Can an Attorney Help?
The insurance company will look for any excuse to deny or minimize your claim. They might:
- Delay processing or paying it
- Argue that certain damages are not covered
- Demand that you sign a written release of any supplemental claims
- Make lowball offers
- Try to convince you that an inadequate payment is the best possible outcome for you
Our Miami attorneys are capable of handling virtually any insurance dispute. We can identify the true value of your claim, help you navigate potential pitfalls, and afford you the best chance at an optimal outcome.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If you believe you are entitled to a hurricane damage claim that has been rejected, or believe the insurance company is undervaluing your claim, contact Morgan & Morgan. We fight to hold insurance companies accountable, and may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We have the resources to get the job done, and it costs nothing to hire us: we get paid only if your case is successful.
To get started, schedule a free, no-risk case evaluation.