Property owners in Tavares and the surrounding areas have a responsibility to maintain their properties in a safe condition to protect visitors from harm. Unsafe conditions include wet surfaces that could result in a slip and fall accident that may cause serious injuries to a victim.
The slip and fall attorneys in our Tavares office may be able to help you recover compensation for the injuries you have suffered while on another’s property. While there are many types of premises liability cases, ranging from elevator accidents to negligent security claims, these types of cases most commonly involve slip and fall accidents.
Whether you have been injured in a grocery store, a shopping mall, or a negligently maintained office building, our Tavares slip and fall attorneys can work with you to help you receive payment for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury due to a slip and fall accident that was the result of a property owner’s negligence, we can help. To learn what our Tavares slip and fall accidents may be able to do for you, please fill out our free case evaluation form today.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Our Tavares slip and fall attorneys handle a variety of premises liability cases, including causes of injuries such as:
- Building code violations;
- Lack of safety and warning signs;
- Poor maintenance of buildings and sidewalks;
- Wet surfaces;
- Defective balconies;
- Cluttered and hazardous pedestrian paths;
- Poor lighting on premises;
- Broken or malfunctioning staircases and escalators; and
How Our Tavares Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Help
Prepare your claim: A Tavares slip and fall attorney will review the facts of your slip and fall accident to determine if you have a viable claim for damages. In preparing your claim, your attorney may:
- Collect evidence, such as photographs or video surveillance footage of the scene of the accident;
- Interview any witnesses who may be able to offer testimony regarding the cause of the accident;
- Determine who may be held liable for the damages you have suffered;
- Review Tavares police reports and accident records; and
- Gather and review all pertinent medical records to understand the extent of your injuries.
Work with Medical Experts: Your attorney can work with medical experts who may be used to evaluate the extent of your injuries and explain to a jury how the slip and fall accident caused your injuries. The medical expert may also be used to explain any future medical care that you will need as a result of the accident.
Secure Compensation for Your Injuries By filing a slip and fall lawsuit, you may be able to receive compensation for past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In cases involving severe injuries that render you unable to return to work, you may be able to receive compensation for your reduced earning capacity.
Elements of a Slip and Fall Claim
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a dangerous property condition, you may have a viable claim for damages if the following two elements are satisfied:
- The property owner knew or should have known that the property contained a dangerous condition; or
- The property owner did not repair the dangerous condition or provide notice to visitors regarding the dangerous condition.
In general, a property condition is considered dangerous if:
- It presents an unreasonable risk of harm to the people on the property, and
- A reasonable person would not have anticipated that the condition existed.
In addition, the law in Florida imposes a duty on property owners to keep their premises free from any hazards that might attract and injure children. Under this doctrine, property owners can be held liable for injuries that occur to trespassing children who are hurt by unsafe property conditions, such as inadequately secured pools and trampolines, as well as abandoned appliances and equipment.
If your child has been hurt because of an unsafe condition on a neighbor’s property, our slip and fall attorneys may be able to help you secure compensation for the damages you have incurred.
How Much Does a Slip and Fall Attorney Cost?
Our Tavares attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay no upfront costs or consultation fees. You will only pay a reasonable fee to your attorney if he or she is successful at winning your case and recovering compensation.
Contact a Tavares Slip and Fall Attorney Today
If you or someone you love was hurt on another’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. To learn what our Tavares slip and fall attorneys may be able to do for you, please fill out our free case evaluation form today.