Sarasota, FL Aviation Accidents
Aviation accidents differ from most other accidents due to the extent of their often fatal consequences. These accidents happen rarely, but still more often than you would think. While determining the cause of these accidents can be difficult, our experienced team of attorneys work closely with federal, state, and local law enforcement to determine the at-fault party.
If you have been injured or a loved one has lost their life in an aviation accident, we have your back. We understand the price for pain is infinite, which is why we’ll fight for your full and fair compensation.
Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation today and see why there’s only one Morgan & Morgan.
What Causes Aviation Accidents?
While most aviation accidents are caused by human error, our attorneys conduct comprehensive investigations when determining the cause of a crash to properly attribute liability. These cases are very serious, so it’s important that we treat them as such. Here are a few causes of aviation accidents:
- Pilot Error: Despite the intensive training that pilots must complete before being allowed to operate an aircraft, people do make mistakes. Fatigue, miscommunication, and improper situational awareness are all examples of pilot error that have led to aviation accidents
- Mechanical Failure: All aircrafts are inspected rigorously before takeoff but, unfortunately, some things may be overlooked. A negligent maintenance worker could miss a faulty component before the scheduled flight and cause the plane to crash. Additionally, the age of the aircraft comes into play. Most planes in use today were built decades ago, and contain parts that are just as old. Without proper maintenance, these dated components can lead to fatal consequences.
- Weather Conditions: Even with an experienced pilot, inclement weather could cause an aviation accident. Thunderstorms, fog, or high winds can all cause a pilot to lose control and crash.
How Can an Aviation Attorney Can Help?
These accidents elicit emotions for all those involved so it’s important to focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects. An aviation attorney can:
- Analyze Evidence: Some aviation accidents are wrapped up quickly, but others take months or even years to detect the cause. Our attorneys work alongside independent investigators to determine the root cause of the accident as quickly as possible.
- Negotiate Settlements: The insurance company of the at-fault party may offer a settlement to keep the case from going to court. If this offer doesn’t adequately compensate you for the damages, we can negotiate with the insurance company until you secure the restitution you deserve.
- Recover Compensation: We understand just how traumatic this experience was, which is why we’ll work tirelessly on your behalf. If you or a loved one has been injured in an aviation accident, you could be eligible to recover present/future medical costs as well as compensation for physical suffering, and emotional suffering. In the case of wrongful death, your attorney could be able to recover funeral costs as well as seek punitive damages.
Contact an Aviation Attorney
You shouldn’t have to pay for the negligence of another party. If you or a loved one has become the victim of an aviation accident, you could be eligible for compensation.
Complete a free case evaluation to get started