Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor Medical Malpractice
35686 US Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Palm Harbor Medical Malpractice
In our most vulnerable moments, we trust medical professionals—after all, they swore an oath to do no harm. But all too often they don’t live up to this oath. Instead, their negligent actions or inactions can have serious, even life-threatening consequences. Suddenly, you may find yourself unable to work, in emotional distress, or drowning in unwarranted medical bills. Or, in the worst-case scenario, you may find yourself without a loved one.
If you’ve put your faith in a negligent medical professional, it can be scary to trust someone else. But know that at Morgan & Morgan, we will treat you like family. Let us take on those who have wronged you, so you can focus on recovering from your injury or loss.
The specialized medical malpractice attorneys at our Palm Harbor location know that the price for pain is infinite, and we will put all of the resources of America’s largest personal injury firm to work fighting for the compensation that you need to move on with your life. In 30 years, we’ve recovered more than $15 billion for our clients.
To find out how we can help you, fill out a free, no-obligation case evaluation. It costs nothing to hire us and our fee never comes out-of-pocket.
But don’t wait: Florida’s statute of limitations means that you only have two years to file a medical malpractice claim.
Morgan & Morgan
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional fails to provide treatment that conforms to the accepted standard of care. It may consist of a wrongful act or the wrongful failure to act. Examples include:
- Surgical Errors: A surgeon may leave a medical instrument inside a patient’s body, operate on the wrong part of the body, or perform surgery in a poor manner, leading to significant postoperative consequences.
- Incorrect Diagnosis: An incorrect diagnosis can cause a delay in treatment that results in substantial harm to a patient or can lead to a treatment, such as surgery, that wasn’t necessary.
- Infection: Serious postoperative infections, including sepsis, may be caused by a surgical mistake or may be due to unsanitary conditions or neglect in the medical facility.
- Wrong Medication: A doctor or hospital may prescribe the wrong medication, fail to medicate, or give a patient the wrong dosage of medication, resulting in harm to the patient.
Through our free, online case evaluation, the attorneys in our Palm Harbor office can help you determine whether your injuries are the result of medical malpractice.
What Compensation is Available?
Florida law governs the compensation available to victims of medical malpractice. However, below are some examples of the kinds of compensation that the specialized attorneys in the Palm Harbor office have fought for:
Economic damages provide compensation for tangible monetary expenses, including:
- past, present, and future medical bills
- lost wages, if your injury made you unable to work
- expenses for skilled help required to assist in day-to-day tasks
Non-economic damages provide compensation for intangible damages, including:
- emotional pain and suffering
- loss of enjoyment of life
- loss of life
Punitive damages are also available when a healthcare provider acted with reckless disregard.
Our attorneys will provide a complimentary evaluation of your case to help determine what it may be worth.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If you’ve been injured by a trusted medical professional, know that you are not alone: medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
Still, a medical malpractice claim is more complicated than other injury or negligence claims, especially in Florida. State law requires service of a Notice of Intent, including an Affidavit of Merit signed by a medical professional, and then a 90-day settlement process. You may also request an optional investigation period. And that’s all before you even file a lawsuit.
Of course, the doctor or hospital will have an insurance company and its lawyers working for them. That’s why you need Morgan & Morgan attorneys working for you. Our Palm Harbor attorneys are experienced at handling Florida medical malpractice cases, and, unlike some attorneys, will not hesitate to take the case to trial if needed.
With over 800 attorneys nationwide and more than 30 years of experience, Morgan & Morgan provides the resources of a big firm but gives your case—no matter the size—the attention it deserves. Plus, we charge no out-of-pocket costs. We don’t get paid unless you win your case.
Get a free evaluation of your medical malpractice case today to see how Morgan & Morgan can help you.