Product Liability Lawyer in Tampa201 N. Franklin Street, 7th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Tampa Product Liability
We rely on the safety of the products we buy, use, or are prescribed. When a defective product travels through the supply chain, and you suffer an injury, you may have a product liability claim against the manufacturer, and possibly other parties.
With decades of successful experience pursuing compensation for clients who suffer personal injury, Morgan & Morgan delivers skilled, knowledgeable legal service when you or a loved one is hurt by a consumer product in Tampa. Our product liability attorneys rapidly respond to your case questions and gather timely evidence to preserve your claim.
Understanding Product Liability Claims in Tampa
On grocery store aisles, in toy stores, or in the pharmacy, potentially dangerous consumer products await. Elsewhere, automobiles, lawn mowers, power tools, and recreational equipment, can prove dangerous when errors are made in the product’s design, manufacture, or marketing.
In Florida, there are key elements to a defective product claim:
- Injury or loss: When negotiating or litigating your claim for product liability in Florida or elsewhere, we use persuasive evidence to illustrate and explain your injury, along with the monetary and other loss that resulted from the use of the defective product.
- Defect: During the manufacturing process, it is not unusual for an individual product, or a particular series of products, to be formed defectively. It is the job of the manufacturer to sample, test, and evaluate its products and remove these defectively manufactured products before they go to market.
A different type of product defect occurs when an entire product line is defectively designed. This means the product, no matter how well manufactured, possesses an inherently dangerous design flaw that could leave all consumers who purchase the product at risk.
In still other cases, a company designs and manufactures a product that is safe only when used in a particular way. A failure to label a product with an appropriate warning or with safety instructions can give rise to a product liability claim when an injury occurs.
In an effort to reach stores ahead of other companies, some manufacturers take shortcuts in design, assembly, and even the labeling of their products.
This often leads to defectively designed or manufactured consumer goods.
- Cause: In order for a product liability lawsuit to proceed, legal counsel must demonstrate that the defective product caused the injury that you suffered.
- Use: Consumers have a duty to use products as they were intended at manufacture. Defective product cases proceed when your attorney shows the product in question was being used as intended when it caused injury.
Florida law operates under a principle of comparative fault. This means when negligence is proven, a court will take into account how much of your injury was caused through your own actions. If you were not using a dangerous piece of equipment as intended, a monetary award can be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) offers warnings and background information about recalled and dangerous consumer products that injure and kill. Unfortunately, this information is usually not available until after a product has already harmed a child or an adult.
As product liability attorneys, our legal team is dedicated to recovering compensation on your behalf and raising the alert about dangerous consumer products and practices that cause needless suffering and death each year.
Contact Morgan & Morgan for a Free Case Evaluation Today
When you or a loved one suffers personal injury due to a defective or dangerous product, we offer a free case evaluation to help you understand your case and discuss your questions. In Tampa, we are located on Franklin Street, close to the Crosstown. Call us today at (813) 223-5505.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.