- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Pensacola Medical Malpractice
Visiting a doctor comes with certain expectations on the part of the patient, like being in highly trusted, educated, and responsible hands. This is most often the case.
But doctors can sometimes fail to meet the standard of care expected of them by their profession. Mistakes or negligence can result in life-threatening situations like illness or infection potentially leading to damage, disability, and death. The results can be permanent, and harrowing.
At Morgan & Morgan, our team of medical malpractice attorneys in Pensacola are knowledgeable and can recognize medical malpractice, and our Pensacola office can help you pursue your case, and justice. Contact us today.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is an area of the law covering medical mistakes, ranging from wrongful amputation to over-prescription. It is a wide-ranging field that covers doctors injuring patients through negligence or inappropriate action, and more.
Medical malpractice crops up in a variety of ways, but some of the most often include:
- Misdiagnosis, as well as the failure to diagnose a medical condition in a timely manner
- Prescribing wrong drugs, causing harmful side effects or overdose
- Over-prescribing drugs and helping cause a harmful addiction
- Waiting too long or failing to perform a circumstantially necessary medical procedure, such as a C-section
- Failing to follow proper medical hygiene procedures, leading to dangerous infections
- Failure to monitor patients
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Medical malpractice could occur in these or a variety of other ways.
Why is Medical Malpractice Important?
Healthcare professionals are required to provide you with a duty of care commensurate with their experience, and the expectations of the medical community.
Medical malpractice is a frequent problem in Florida, and one you may face. Fortunately, we can help you seek damages, and justice. Filing suit is critical to holding doctors responsible for their mistakes, and getting you the compensation you need to move on.
Our attorneys have won many medical malpractice victories over the years, including:
- $3 million settlement for a family after a 38-year-old husband and father passed after a failure to diagnose and treat an infection.
- $1.5 million settlement after a brain injury to a newborn during birth.
- $1.25 million verdict awarded to the husband of a 63-year-old woman who passed away during a cardiac stent procedure.
- $1.25 million settlement after the failure to diagnose and treat an infection resulted in the death of a 51-year-old mother.
- $1.1 million settlement for a client who was the victim of negligence on the part of a neurosurgeon during an operation, causing paraplegia.
- $1 million settlement for a 38-year-old woman after a failure to diagnose her colon cancer.
- $1 million settlement for the wrongful death of a 60-year-old man after a nursing staff failed to respond to his respiratory arrest.
Talk to a Pensacola Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Proving a medical malpractice case can be difficult, and taking on a well-protected doctor or hospital alone isn’t enough. In most cases, the healthcare industry will not admit wrongdoing, and refuse to offer compensation.
At Morgan & Morgan, we have a proven track record of success. We have helped hold healthcare professionals accountable for carelessness with million-dollar settlements and verdicts, such as one for more than $38 million against a doctor who failed to perform a timely C-section.
Investigating a potential lawsuit can be difficult after a botched surgery or other medical mistake causes you or a loved one misery and seemingly endless medical bills. We understand your crisis and may be able to help resolve it favorably. Fill out our risk-free, no-cost case evaluation form to learn more today.