Personal Injury Lawyers in Covington300 Madison Avenue Suite 200,
Covington, KY 41011
Based on 1260 Reviews
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Covington Personal Injury Lawyer
We do our best to stay out of harm’s way, but in some cases, there’s nothing you can do to escape an accident. Many accidents, such as a slip and fall in a grocery store, can be caused by someone else’s negligence, meaning that someone’s carelessness created a situation that exposes innocent people to a risk of injury. Regardless of the cause, these accidents have serious consequences. The victims will have a long road to recovery ahead of them, and this is further complicated when it’s time to pay off all the expenses stemming from the accident. If you find yourself in a situation like this, don’t worry; we’re here to help.
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that the price for pain can be infinite, which is why our attorneys will never settle for less than you deserve. We’ve fought For the People since 1988, and our years of success have earned us the title of America’s largest personal injury firm. However, we’ve never let our size take away from what made us who we are today, and whether you’re dealing with medical malpractice, a car accident, or any other personal injury case, our Covington office is ready to help you reach the best possible outcome.
Don’t pay for an accident you didn’t cause. Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation to get started.
Estamos aquí en Covington: Vivimos y trabajamos en Kentucky, igual que tú. Nuestro sitio de web en Espańol, abogados.com, ayuda la población latina de Kentucky. Complete una evaluación de caso gratis hoy.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Why Choose Morgan & Morgan?
When you file a claim with your insurance provider, you assume that they’ll handle it to the best of their abilities and pay you in a timely manner, but this isn’t always the case. Insurance companies, much like other businesses, have to protect their finances if they want to keep their doors open, and they’ll have to make decisions based on how much their organization can afford to pay their clients. In short, this means that an insurance company can diminish or deny your claim for their own financial gain, which is unfair considering you pay for the contract to help you in a situation like this. Without an attorney, it’s difficult to navigate around an unethical insurance company, but it’s much easier when you team up with Morgan & Morgan.
You can find thousands of options for representation online, but how do you know which one is right for you? Other firms may claim that they have the “best attorneys” in your area, yet their results show that they haven’t seen the inside of a courtroom in years. Our attorneys, on the other hand, are no strangers to the courtroom, and they’re always prepared to advocate for your case in front of a judge. Not only that, but insurance companies are aware of our reputation and are less likely to send low-ball offers because they know we won’t stand for them. If they won’t settle, they can see us in court, and our Covington office has the experience, resources, and expertise to help you recover the full value of your damages.
Can I Afford a Lawyer?
You may have heard the stigma that all lawyers are expensive to retain, but we’ve created a way for everyone to afford our assistance, regardless of their financial status. Our Covington attorneys operate on a contingency—meaning that you pay nothing out-of-pocket and that we’re only paid when we win your case. We take our fee from the favorable settlement or jury award to allow anyone to afford our proficient representation and keep everyone motivated towards one goal: getting you the best results for your case.
What Covington Neighborhoods Does Morgan & Morgan Serve?
Morgan & Morgan’s offices can be found from coast to coast, but our Covington office serves anyone who lives in:
- Kenton Hills
- Licking Riverside
- Mutter Gottes
- Seminary Square
- Wallace Woods
- West Covington
- Winston Park
Our Covington office is backed by the resources of America’s largest personal injury firm, meaning we have the capability that other firms wish they had. Some firms will have to accept the first best offer of compensation because they can’t afford to continue litigation, but not us. We position ourselves to hold out for your case from the beginning, so we’re always ready for any curveballs your case may have.
How Can Our Attorneys Help?
Our Covington office is staffed with talented attorneys and compassionate support staff who can make a difference. When you bring your case into our office, you’re not a number in a system, a file in a cabinet, or paperwork on a desk; you’re a person in need of help. Other firms may treat your case as a number, but we know that you’re someone who other people depend on. We treat our clients like family, and much like a family member would, we’ll never settle for a penny less than you deserve.
Our team can help you navigate through the legal process of your accident, starting with:
- Investigating your case and determining liability
- Gathering and analyzing evidence (medical records, police reports, etc.)
- Examining the extent of your damages (both short and long term)
- Negotiating with your insurance company to reach a settlement
- Bring your case into the courtroom if no settlement can be reached.
At Morgan & Morgan, we try more cases than any other personal injury firm in the country. Our experience has allowed us the opportunity to take a look at what works and what doesn’t to better serve the needs of our clients in the future. We’ve learned a few things since our firm was founded in 1988, and we use that knowledge during every stage of the litigation process to ensure that every case is worked exactly as it’s supposed to. Some law firms never go to court, but our attorneys are seasoned courtroom veterans and are an undeniable asset in your pursuit of compensation.
What Kind of Cases Do Personal Injury Attorneys Handle?
If you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you’ll want to protect yourself from the financial burden of all your expenses. You can do so by filing an insurance claim with your provider, but this is often more difficult than it seems. Whether it’s an apathetic insurance company or the negligent party refuses to accept your settlement terms, the situation can get very complicated very fast, and you can potentially lose out on settlement money if you let your guard down. Personal injury firms exist for this very reason, as they can use their legal expertise to guide you through the process and help you escape the liability of an accident that wasn’t your fault.
If someone else’s negligence causes harm to property or another person, the negligent party is liable for any and all damages their actions caused. The victims in the situation have a legal right to pursue damages from the at-fault party, which will vary depending on the circumstances surrounding the case. Some common cases that personal injury attorneys handle are:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents happen quickly, and even the safest driver might not be able to maneuver themselves out of harm’s way before they’re involved in the wreckage. A negligent driver is dangerous for everyone else on the road, as one small mistake can lead to thousands of dollars worth of property damage and severe injury.
- Truck Accidents: Trucks and other large vehicles are cumbersome and bulky, making them difficult to operate on a busy street. Even experienced truck drivers can make mistakes, but unlike car accidents, the potential for serious damage is much more significant due to the size of the vehicles.
- Workers’ Compensation: Although all workplaces are different, no work environment is entirely immune to injury. An on-the-job accident is a stressful and frustrating ordeal, but workers’ compensation benefits can help financially support you through your recovery. If your employer has workers’ compensation insurance, you have a right to these benefits, and any employer who tries to deny you of them is in violation of the law.
- Medical Malpractice: At the end of the day, doctors are people too, and they can make mistakes while on the job that can jeopardize someone’s health and wellbeing. However, these mistakes are commonly the result of negligent behavior, meaning that you have a right to recover damages against any doctor or medical professional who has caused you harm.
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall accidents can occur almost anywhere, but they’re almost always preventable. Property owners, such as landlords and business proprietors, have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe for all those who pass through the area. If they act negligently, it can create a hazardous area within their property, and they’re liable for any and all damage caused by their negligence.
- Wrongful Death: The death of a loved one is one of the most traumatic experiences one can go through, especially if their death could have been prevented. Unfortunately, negligence can lead to someone unnecessarily losing their life, but you have a legal right to hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions. Although compensation can’t change the past, it can help you financially recover from the situation and give you the confidence you need to move forward.
- Product Liability: Defective and dangerous products enter the market every day and cause harm to the consumers who use them. Product liability laws exist to protect these consumers from situations like this, but manufacturers still fail to properly safety test their products despite their legal obligation. If a product does cause you harm, it’s an actionable offense, and Morgan & Morgan can help you advocate for full and fair compensation in the face of any large organization.
Although these cases are common within the personal injury arena, there are many other situations that would warrant a lawsuit. If the negligence of a third party harmed you, contact our Covington office today to take the first steps toward your compensation.
When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Attorney?
Your health and wellbeing are most important following an accident, so you should seek medical care to determine the extent of your injuries, even if you believe they’re minor. You may have sustained internal damage in the ordeal that’s difficult to detect without medical equipment, but a trained medical professional will be able to compile a list of all your injuries accurately. Once you have this list, your next call will be to a personal injury attorney.
You might think that your situation isn’t significant enough to warrant hiring an attorney, but this is essentially a gamble, as no one can predict the future 100% of the time. In some cases, minor accidents have yielded high payouts, but without the help of a personal injury attorney, you might never know how much your case is truly worth. Not only that, but an attorney can use their years of legal experience to help you navigate through your legal challenge, making the situation less stressful as a whole.
Can You Sue for Personal Injury?
In short, yes, you can sue for personal injury. However, personal injury cases can only begin if an injury or harm occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, meaning that not every injury will warrant legal action. If you’re successfully able to bring a claim, you could be entitled to recover damages, including:
- Medical expenses (past, future, and any ongoing treatment/therapy)
- Lost wages/future anticipated earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress/mental anguish
- Funeral expenses (in the case of wrongful death)
There are two common themes across all personal injury cases—proving negligence and proving that negligence caused the harm. This is often difficult to do on your own, but an experienced attorney will be able to help you through the process and maximize the value of your damages to avoid a situation where you have to pay out-of-pocket for an accident you didn’t cause.
What Can a Personal Injury Attorney Do for You?
If you were involved in a traumatic accident, you’re likely still shaken from the experience. Any accident, regardless of its severity, will take some time to recover from, but you’ll also need to focus on the legal aspects of the situation to avoid financial responsibility. You’ll also want to ensure that you have accurate information regarding the damages you’re seeking to recover, as one mistake can potentially cost you thousands of dollars in compensation. All in all, it’s a situation that’s difficult to handle on your own, but an attorney can help you:
- Understand and pursue each and every type of damage you may be entitled to: An experienced personal injury will have seen your case before and can use their expertise to help you understand every damage you’re eligible to recover. They can also explain how the laws of your jurisdiction, the circumstances of your case, and other factors will play into your case, allowing you to fully understand how your case will play out.
- Ensure that the most effective legal strategies are pursued on your behalf: All legal strategies are different, and some of them might not work as effectively for your case as they would for another. Without an attorney, you might not know which legal route will yield the best results for your case, but all of Morgan & Morgan’s attorneys are knowledgeable of the different strategies and can choose the one that’s optimal for your situation.
- Handle the majority of the legal proceedings and allow you some time to de-stress: Trying to juggle your physical recovery and the legal side of your accident is undoubtedly stressful, but it becomes much easier with the help of an attorney. While you’ll still be involved in your case, your attorney will handle the majority of the legal aspects, allowing you to focus on your recovery and spending time with loved ones. Additionally, they will serve as the point of contact for any legal proceedings, which can take some of the pressure off you and your family.
Contact Our Covington Office
In the most difficult moments of your life, Morgan & Morgan has your back. No one should have to endure a significant financial burden from an accident they didn’t cause, but with our help, you won’t have to. Our attorneys can help you build your case as strong as possible from day one, making sure that all the damages you’re seeking to recover are the accurate value. We want you to recover from the situation properly and have the ability to move forward once the legal proceedings conclude. Although the apathetic insurance company or sizable negligent organization might believe they can take advantage of you, teaming up with Morgan & Morgan gives you the upper hand in every legal situation, regardless of the size or severity of your case.
Since 1988, we’ve fought For the People and helped our clients overcome some of the most traumatic events in their lives. If you were harmed by someone else’s negligence, our attorneys are prepared to offer you the same results that earned us the title of America’s largest personal injury firm. Complete a free, no-risk, case evaluation to get started.
¿Usted tiene preguntas acerca de su caso en español?
Los abogados de lesiones personales de Morgan & Morgan entendemos lo importante que es resolver todas sus preguntas legales en el idioma en el que usted pueda entender mejor. Por eso contamos con una sección de Preguntas Frecuentes en nuestra página de abogados.com. Recuerde que en caso de ser victima de un accidente y necesitar ayuda legal, usted cuenta con los abogados de Morgan & Morgan. Siendo el bufete de abogados de lesiones personales más grande de los Estados Unidos, contamos con los recursos y la experiencia que usted necesita para defender sus derechos. ¡La justicia es derecho de todos!