Dental Malpractice Attorneys
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
For many people, no matter their age, going to the dentist is a chore. But as much as you might dread going to the dentist, chances are, you take some comfort in the thought that you’ll receive quality care during your visit. Unfortunately, that’s not always how it goes.
While the definition of dental malpractice varies from one state to the next, it generally involves harm to a patient due to substandard care. This may include anything from failure to diagnose or treat conditions to intentional misconduct. What do you need to prove dental malpractice claim, and how can a dental malpractice lawyer help you?
Elements of a Dental Malpractice Claim
To make a successful case for dental malpractice, there are a few facts the injured patient must establish:
- Provider-Patient Relationship: A dentist-patient relationship must have been established.
- Medical Standard of Care: The medical standard of care refers to the level of care a similarly skilled dentist would have provided given identical circumstances. This is typically established by an expert medical witness who has experience with the procedure in question.
- Breach of Care: You must prove that your dentist caused your injury or made an existing condition worse through their actions or inactions. An expert medical witness can likewise help in establishing specifically how care was breached, such as by outlining which steps should have been taken to prevent the injury.
- Severity of Injury: You’ll need to document the nature and extent of your injury.
Examples of Dental Malpractice
Even routine procedures can go awry if your dentist doesn’t meet their standard of care. Some of the most common examples of dental malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose conditions such as gum disease, oral cancer, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Improper extractions, which may lead to TMJ disorders, severed nerves, or fractures of the jaw
- Failure to adequately treat complications such as infections
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Failure to supervise hygienists and other employees
- Missed diagnosis of conditions such as periodontal disease due to lack of X-rays and other necessary measures
- Failure to plan dental implant treatment, leading to complications
- Performing the incorrect procedure on the patient
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Dental Malpractice FAQs
How a Dental Malpractice Attorney Can Help
If you believe you have been injured due to medical malpractice on the part of a dentist, orthodontist, or oral surgeon, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages relating to your injury. The dental malpractice lawyers at Morgan & Morgan can:
- Determine the strength of your case and whether your dentist breached their duty of care
- Gather expert witnesses to establish how care was breached
- Demonstrate that their breach of care directly caused you harm
- Collect evidence in support of your claim
- Take your case from start to finish with the appropriate attention to detail
Contact a Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Suffering from dental malpractice can be devastating physically, emotionally, and financially. While the dental malpractice attorneys at Morgan & Morgan can’t help you heal any faster, we can help you recover compensation in a difficult time. For more than three decades, we’ve helped victims just like you. Find out how we can help by scheduling a free case evaluation now.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.