Choosing the Best Traffic Ticket Lawyer Near Me in Atlanta191 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 4200
Atlanta, GA 30303
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Traffic lawyer near me in Atlanta
In Georgia, a fine for a traffic violation can range from $25 to as much as $1,000, depending on the severity of the offense. Traffic infractions can also add points to your driver’s license, increasing car insurance rates.
According to The Zebra, Atlanta ranks #9 among the top 10 worst places to get a ticket, and the city’s ticket fine structure is one of the highest in the nation. While the easiest course of action may be to plead guilty, pay your Atlanta traffic ticket, and be done with it, that’s not your only option.
When you choose Morgan & Morgan, the best traffic ticket lawyer in Atlanta, you’ll have access to a team of Atlanta traffic ticket experts who are steadfast advocates for those charged with traffic violations.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Penalties for Traffic Tickets in Atlanta
Here’s the breakdown of some of the most common Atlanta traffic ticket violations, their fines, and their point penalties:
- Speeding: a fine of up to $500 and up to six points.
- Reckless driving: a fine of up to $1000 and up to four points.
- Running a red light: a fine of up to $300 and up to three points.
- Failing to yield: a fine of up to $300 and up to three points.
- Improper lane change: a fine of up to $200 and up to three points.
- Following too closely: a fine of up to $200 and up to three points.
- Failing to stop: a fine of up to $300 and up to three points.
- Driving without a license: a fine of up to $1000 and up to four points.
- Texting while driving: a fine of up to $300 and up to one point.
- Failing to use a turn signal: a fine of up to $200 and up to three points.
In addition to this penalty structure, anyone who receives a speeding ticket in Atlanta and is convicted of exceeding the posted speed limit by over 15 mph must pay an additional $200 fine.
Failing to pay an Atlanta traffic ticket can result in a suspended driver’s license or registration.
Traffic laws exist to keep everyone safe, and traffic violations should be taken seriously. However, there are instances where you may want to work with a traffic ticket lawyer and plead “not guilty” to either reduce or avoid a fine or points.
Morgan & Morgan: Your Atlanta Traffic Ticket Lawyers
With over 35 years in business, Morgan & Morgan will advocate on your behalf to get you the best possible results.
If you need a traffic ticket lawyer in Atlanta, contact Morgan & Morgan for a no-obligation case evaluation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews