Brad Milkwick is originally from Northwest Georgia and grew up in the Atlanta area. He entered law school after working many years in China, following graduation from college. Mr. Milkwick attended The Florida State University College of Law in Tallahassee, Florida where he had an impressive academic record, making the Dean’s List regularly, earning merit-based awards, publishing in an International law journal, and graduating near the top of his class.
After law school, Mr. Milkwick practiced at a prestigious general trial practice firm in northwest Georgia before focusing his practice on workers compensation. Mr. Milkwick has practiced workers compensation law at the trial, appellate, superior court, and Court of Appeals level. He has tried some 70 cases in various courts throughout the state, achieving exceptional results for his clients.
Mr. Milkwick has given presentations at various seminars on workers compensation law and other legal subjects and has collaborated with Lexis-Nexis, a legal publishing company, to improve the way legal subjects are indexed in the book Georgia Workers’ Compensation Laws, Rules and Regulations Annotated. Mr. Milkwick is proud to have received a number of awards for pro bono service on behalf of low-income families and the working community of Georgia.
Mr. Milkwick’s hobbies include spending time with his family, playing piano and guitar, chess, coaching youth sports, reading, and being outdoors.
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Chinese, 2001
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2005
- Georgia Injured Workers Advocacy Group
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- American Association of Justice
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: Workers Compensation Claimant Lawyers Section
- Georgia Bar: Workplace Injury Section
- Past President of the Tallapoosa Bar Association