Hurricane Claims Lawyers in Macon, GA
Macon, GA Hurricane Claims
2960 Riverside Drive, Suite 210
Macon, GA 31204
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Macon, GA Hurricane Claims
While Georgia has seen its share of tropical storms, the state seldom found itself in the direct path of hurricanes. That is, until 2018. Hurricane Michael struck land that year and brought winds up to 70 mph and gusts up to 115 mph, causing widespread damage and power outages throughout the state.
Hurricane Michael was a stark reminder of how devastating the direct impact of a hurricane can be. And after hurricanes are over and the damage is done, cleanup efforts can be slow and difficult — even in the best of circumstances. The last thing that home and business owners need is a slow response from their insurance companies.
Unfortunately, policyholders often find themselves at odds with their insurance providers due to underpaid or denied claims despite extensive hurricane damage. If a storm has damaged your property and you are having trouble with your claim, you shouldn’t have to go it alone.
At Morgan & Morgan, we have over 30 years of experience helping people get the compensation they deserve. If you believe your insurance company has wrongfully denied or underpaid your claim, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form and one of our lawyers will be in touch with you.
The Atlantic hurricane season can be volatile and unpredictable, so you should always have a plan. Review the CDC guidelines on how to prepare and follow these steps:
- Make sure your home insurance policies are active and that you also have flood insurance.
- Take pictures of your property before the hurricane hits. This will help you prove damages when compared with the photos you take after the storm is over.
- Prepare a “Go Kit” with items to keep you safe, including food, water, medicine, and other essential supplies.
- Learn where your local shelter is located in case you need it.
- Don’t forget your pets. If you have to evacuate, make sure wherever you go will be able to accept them.
Potential Hurricane Damage
The strong sustained winds and torrential rains of hurricanes make them among the most dangerous of storms. Some of the property damage that can result includes:
- Flooding and water damage
- Electrical system damage and power outages
- Structural damage
- Fire damage
- Roof damage
- Broken windows and doors
- Personal property damage
Steps After the Hurricane
The CDC has full guidelines for how to make your cleanup safe and smooth, such as:
- Don’t enter your building unless it’s safe, and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when you do.
- Your property may still be vulnerable. Secure loose items and put tarp over any cover holes to prevent further damage.
- Fully document and photograph all property damage done by the hurricane, including photos from all angles to bolster your insurance claim.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Recovering from a hurricane takes strength and perseverance. If you’re having trouble with your insurance company, let us help. Contact our Macon office to find a lawyer who can help your claim go smoothly and recover the compensation you deserve.
Morgan & Morgan has the experience and resources to take on the big insurance companies. There are no up-front costs, and we only get paid if you win. To find out more, please complete our free, no-obligation case evaluation form.