Georgia Hurricane Insurance Claims
Hurricanes are among the most destructive forces in nature, and Georgia residents are no strangers to the devastation they can cause. Unfortunately, hurricane recovery can be slow and tedious. If you suffer damage to your home or business, and your insurance company won’t compensate you fairly for your losses, putting your life back together becomes incredibly difficult.
Morgan & Morgan understands that when disaster strikes, finding the help you need can sometimes feel impossible. We want you to know that we’re here for you. If your insurance company is not living up to their responsibilities, we will fight for you, and we won’t settle for one cent less than you deserve.
To find out how we can help you with your insurance claim, contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Types of Hurricane Damage
Hurricanes are powerful storms that can cause many types of damage, including the following:
- Roof damage from wind or falling debris
- Flooding and water damage
- Broken doors and windows
- Structural damage
- Electrical system and fire damage
- Damage to personal property such as appliances and electronics
How to Protect Your Insurance Claim
By taking these actions, you can increase the chance of successfully recovering compensation after a storm:
- Document and catalog damage. Assess your property and document all damage with photos and videos. Try to take photos of all four sides of your home; start with wide shots before taking photos of individual items. If possible, also take photos and videos before the storm hits. Make a list of everything that was damaged, no matter how small.
- Prevent further damage. Your insurance policy likely has a clause in it that requires you to take necessary steps to protect your property after the storm. For example, if you experience roof damage, as soon as it’s safe, cover the damaged areas with a tarp to prevent further water damage.
- File your claim promptly. Insurance policies typically require you to file your insurance claim within a specified period of time after damage occurs. Your insurance company will look for any reason not to honor your claim, so don’t wait until it’s too late. File the claim as soon as possible.
How a Morgan & Morgan Attorney Can Help
If your insurance company delays processing or paying your claim, tells you some damages aren’t covered, or makes an unreasonably low offer of compensation, you need an experienced attorney on your side.
As the nation’s largest personal injury law firm, Morgan & Morgan has the experience and resources to take on big insurance companies and win. We can independently investigate your claim to determine the true value of your damages, and we will fight on your behalf to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Hurricane Claim Attorney in Georgia
Hurricanes are unpredictable, but Morgan & Morgan has consistently fought For The People for over 30 years — and our results speak for themselves. If your insurance claim has been denied, delayed, or undervalued, contact our Georgia attorneys for a free case review. It costs nothing up front to hire us, and we don’t get paid unless you do.
Fill out this online form for a free, no-risk case evaluation to see how we can help.
Offices near You
Current call wait: 8 seconds