Social Security Lawyers in Macon, GA
Macon, GA Social Security
2960 Riverside Drive, Suite 210
Macon, GA 31204
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Macon, GA Social Security
The social security disability insurance (SSDI) program was established to provide financial assistance to those who are unable to work due to disability. While beneficial to those who receive it, many individuals have their application denied despite meeting the eligibility requirements.
While a denied application might be disheartening, it’s not final. You have the right to appeal, and our legal team can help.
We have decades of experience and the resources to give your case the attention it deserves. We can steer you through the complex legal process of a denied claim, and secure the compensation you’re entitled to.
Fill out a free case evaluation today and get started.
Morgan & Morgan
How Is Disability Defined?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) offers five criteria for determining eligibility for SSDI benefits. The requirements are as follows:
- Earn below a certain amount (less than $1,260 per month as of 2020)
- Have restricted ability to do basic work (difficulty in walking, lifting, etc)
- Have a condition the SSA considers disabling or one equally serious
- You’re unable to do any of your past work
- You’re unable to gain employment in your field or others
How Does the Appeals Process Work?
If your claim was denied, Morgan & Morgan may be able to help you recover your compensation. The appeal process is as follows:
- Reconsideration: First, we can file a request for reconsideration. This request goes to the SSA, where a claim examiner will evaluate it.
- Hearing: If the reconsideration request is unsuccessful, we can request a judicial hearing. At this point, you may be asked to present additional evidence.
- Appeals Council: If the hearing doesn’t go in your favor, we can file an appeal with the Social Security Appeals Council. The council will either make a ruling or move it to a judge for further review.
- Federal Court: If none of the above steps bring the desired result, we are prepared to take your case into a federal courtroom. We understand that the price for pain is infinite, and that’s why we’ll fight for full and fair compensation for you.
Why Morgan & Morgan?
You shouldn’t have to fight a bully yourself. With our vast resources and team of over 800 trial-ready attorneys, you can finally relax knowing your case is in good hands. Other personal injury firms carry high price tags for their assistance, but we’re the opposite. Our lawyers operate on a contingency, meaning it costs nothing to hire us and we only get paid if we win. Our fee comes out of the favorable settlement or jury award, so you don’t have to worry about affording comprehensive representation.
Contact Our Macon Office
If you or a loved one has had their SSDI application denied despite meeting the eligibility criteria, contact our Macon office today.
Complete a free, no-risk case evaluation and see why there is only one Morgan & Morgan.