Atlanta Lyft Accidents
The city of Atlanta doesn’t have the best public transportation, so Lyft has emerged as one of the most reliable ways to get from Point A to Point B. If you need to get somewhere quickly and don’t have a car or bike, all you have to do is open an app on your smartphone and order a ride. Within minutes, you’ll be on your way to your destination – and you’ll be doing so without breaking the bank.
Unfortunately, there’s a certain degree of risk involved any time you enter a vehicle. Although most Lyft rides are uneventful, sometimes accidents happen. From fractures to spinal cord injuries, the victims in these accidents can suffer serious and lasting ailments. Here’s what you should know about Lyft auto accidents.
Establishing Liability in Lyft Accidents
Auto accidents involving Lyft and other rideshare companies can be confusing because you might not know who is to blame. Lyft drivers are independent contractors, so their actions behind the wheel are not necessarily the company’s responsibility. If you suffer an injury as a passenger in one of these vehicles, you may have various methods to recover compensation for your injury.
- The Lyft Driver: You may be able to recover compensation from the Lyft driver if they have a commercial insurance policy or a provision in their auto insurance policy that covers ridesharing. However, most of the time, Lyft drivers don’t have commercial insurance, nor do they have a ridesharing provision, as it’s not required to drive for the company.
- Lyft: You may be able to collect damages through Lyft’s commercial liability insurance coverage, which covers up to $1 million in damages per person, per accident.
- The Other Driver: If the Lyft driver was not at fault and another driver was to blame for the accident, you can sue their insurance company to recoup your losses.
Recovering Compensation After a Lyft Crash
If you were the victim as a passenger in a Lyft accident, the auto accident attorneys at Morgan & Morgan may be able to help you recover financial compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical bills including hospitalization, medications, and rehabilitation
- Mental anguish, pain and suffering, and physical impairment
- Economic losses including lost wages and reduced earning capacity
To give yourself the best chance to achieve an optimal outcome, be sure to take certain steps following the crash:
- Call the authorities
- Remain at the site of the accident
- Collect insurance information from all parties involved
- Get contact information for eyewitnesses
- Photograph the site of the crash
- Receive medical attention
Contact a Lyft Accident Attorney in Atlanta
The Atlanta-based auto accident attorneys at Morgan & Morgan understand that between managing your injury and the associated costs, you have a lot on your plate. Our team can handle your case every step of the way so you can focus on recovery.
To get started, schedule a free case evaluation. We work on a contingency fee basis, so it’s free to call, and we get paid only if you win. Contact us now.
Offices near You
Current call wait: 5 seconds