Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Columbus, GA
Columbus Motorcycle Accidents
408 12th St., Suite 200
Columbus, GA 31901
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Columbus Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can be a traumatizing experience and can lead to severe and even life-threatening injuries. Motorcyclists are at greater risk of being hit by motorists because they are smaller and more difficult to see than other cars.
And because motorcycles do not have the protections that a vehicle do, motorcyclists that get involved in an accident often sustain more severe injuries than their counterparts in cars. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, you will need an experienced attorney at your side to prove that negligence and recklessness on the part of another caused your injuries.
At Morgan & Morgan, our motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience and resources needed to successfully handle cases involving serious and fatal motorcycle accidents. Our Columbus attorneys have extensive experience thoroughly preparing cases for trial, gathering persuasive and supportive evidence during investigations, and only accepting settlements if they are in our client’s best interests.
And, if negotiations for a settlement fail, our Columbus trial lawyers are prepared to take our cases to court to recover proper compensation for our clients. While every case is different, our Columbus motorcycle accident attorneys have a history of successfully recovering multi-million dollar results to help our clients regain financial stability. If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a lawsuit.
For more information on how our Columbus motorcycle accident attorneys may be able to help, please complete our free case evaluation form today.
The Motorcycle Lawsuit Process
During the investigation, your attorney will collect evidence to help demonstrate that the other party was negligent in causing the crash in order to bolster your claim. A driver may be acting negligently if he or she:
- Swerves in front of a biker;
- Cuts off a motorcyclist at an intersection;
- Exceeds the posted speed limit;
- Fails to yield when appropriate;
- Drives under the influence;
- Turns left into a motorcyclist’s path; and
- Fails to be aware of their surroundings.
Your attorney may gather proof of the other party’s negligence by:
- Reviewing Columbus police reports and photographs;
- Collecting witness statements;
- Establishing that you followed all motorcycle regulations;
- Analyzing medical reports with medical experts to establish your injuries and how they were most likely sustained; and
- Recreating the crash with the assistance of accident re-creationist specialists.
Evaluating and Determining Damages
In handling your motorcycle accident lawsuit, your attorney will determine the types of compensable damages you sustained as a result of the accident, and the amount of compensation you will need to cover your losses.
Damages include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The cost of medical treatment for injuries;
- Lost wages, if the victim is temporarily or permanently unable to continue working;
- Property damages, such as the cost to repair or replace the motorcycle;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Punitive damages.
Creating a Claim and Negotiating for a Settlement
Once your attorney has completed this investigation, he or she will review the information as a whole and create a claim on which your lawsuit will be based. Using your claim, your attorney will approach the other party and their insurer in an attempt to reach a settlement agreement before a lawsuit is officially filed with the court.
If negotiations are unsuccessful, your attorney will file your claim with the court, beginning the official lawsuit process. Generally, while preparing their cases for trial, the parties will engage in further settlement negotiations in an attempt to keep the case from going to court.
Cases We Handle
The Morgan & Morgan attorneys have extensive experience handling cases involving motorcycle accidents in which another person or entity’s negligence caused the crash. Under Georgia law, negligence on the road occurs when a driver fails to act in a reasonably safe manner or violates traffic laws.
For example, if a driver of a car failed to yield at a yield sign and crashed into a rider on a motorcycle, the driver of the car has acted negligently and may be held liable for the damages caused by the biker.
Our attorneys handle all types of motorcycle lawsuits, including cases involving:
- Distracted driving;
- Failure to recognize a motorcycle in traffic;
- Neglecting to pay appropriate attention to other drivers;
- Cutting off motorcyclists at intersections;
- Failure to yield;
- Road defects, such as potholes, loose gravel or gashes in the road;
- Violating a biker’s right of way;
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Failure to obey the speed limit; and
- Motorcycle defects, such as malfunctioning tires or brakes.
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may have legal options. To learn how our Columbus motorcycle accident attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries, fill out our free case evaluation form today.