Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Bowling Green, KY
Bowling Green Medical Malpractice
360 East 8th Avenue, Suite 411
Bowling Green, KY 42101
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Bowling Green Medical Malpractice
Many patients place their faith and trust in their healthcare providers to deliver the best care possible. However, that is not always the case. Patients may find themselves worse off than they initially were due to careless actions on the part of doctors or medical staff.
A medical malpractice victim can suffer various injuries that can cause significant or permanent damage. If you or a loved one was injured due to the negligence of a doctor, hospital or other healthcare provider, the medical malpractice lawyers at Morgan & Morgan can help.
With more than 20 years of experience handling medical malpractice lawsuits, our law firm isn’t afraid to take on big-name hospitals or established doctors to get injured patients the compensation they deserve. While each case is different, our Bowling Green attorneys have helped thousands recover monetary damages for medical bills, lost wages and other losses that they wouldn’t have suffered had it not been for their healthcare provider’s negligence.
To see if a lawyer in Morgan & Morgan’s Bowling Green office can help you file a medical malpractice lawsuit, fill out our free case evaluation form today.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional or facility is negligent in providing care and a patient is injured as a result. Doctors, nurses, nursing home staff members and other medical professionals are required to provide a certain level of care to their patients and can be considered negligent if they fail to meet these standards.
For instance, if one doctor fails to order a standard test that any other doctor in his or her position would have ordered, he or she could be considered negligent. If the patient is injured as a result, the doctor may be legally responsible for medical bills, lost wages and other losses stemming from the patient’s injury. Medical errors such as these are on the rise.
A 2016 study by Johns Hopkins calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year in the U.S. are due to medical error, making it the third leading cause of death in our country.
Cases We Handle
While not every injury or adverse outcome is the result of medical negligence, our lawyers have helped thousands of patients who suffered injuries that could have otherwise been avoided. We handle lawsuits against:
This includes anesthesiologists, general care doctors, specialists, surgeons and others who:
- Failed to properly read a patient’s medical chart or test results;
- Prescribed medications that conflicted with other drugs or caused an allergic reaction;
- Misdiagnosed an injury or disease or delayed a diagnosis;
- Administered too much or too little anesthesia;
- Performed the wrong surgery or an unnecessary surgery; and
- Left a surgical tool in a patient following surgery.
This includes staff, including nurses, technicians, and others who:
- Neglected or ignored a patient;
- Failed to monitor a patient’s vital signs;
- Delayed or failed to treat a patient according to his or her vital signs;
- Failed to properly care for a patient following surgery; and
- Failed to order standard medical tests.
This includes nursing homes that:
- Failed to adequately screen staff members;
- Understaffed their facilities; and
- Failed to adequately monitor their staff.
How Much Does a Lawyer Cost?
At Morgan & Morgan, our lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, which means your attorney will only collect a reasonable fee if he or she wins your case.
How Much Money Can I Get in a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
By filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, you may be able to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. If your case is successful, the amount you recover will depend on a number of specific details, such as:
- The extent of your injuries;
- Your age; and
- Whether you have any dependents.
At Morgan & Morgan, we pride ourselves on being a trial law firm that is not afraid to bring our cases to court to get our clients the compensation they deserve. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means your attorney will only collect a reasonable fee if he or she wins your case. To find out what our Bowling Green medical malpractice lawyers can do for you, please fill out our free case evaluation form today.