James Craft is originally from Eastern Kentucky from a family of small-town lawyers. Working in his father's office from a young age, James gained a passion for advocating for members of his community. James earned his B.A. in English from the University of Kentucky with honors in 2018 before receiving his Juris Doctorate from the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law in 2021. In law school, James was a member of the moot court board and served on the board of the Appalachian Law Caucus, which was created to provide legal and humanitarian support to the people of Eastern Kentucky.
After graduating, James worked for an insurance defense firm for two years as a litigator. James quickly rediscovered his true passion for working for people, not large companies, and joined Morgan & Morgan's auto personal injury team in 2023. Outside of the office, James enjoys attending UK sporting events, spending time with his wife and son, and volunteering in the Lexington area.
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky College of Law
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2021
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, 2021
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2021
Awards and Recognitions
- University of Kentucky, B.A. in English with Honors