Jason Swinney grew up near his family’s farm in Oldham County, Kentucky. He received his undergraduate degree with honors from Transylvania University, where he majored in Physics and Spanish. He went on to attend Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University, and returned to Louisville after finishing law school.
Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Mr. Swinney's practice focused primarily on insurance defense at one of Kentucky’s premier workers' compensation defense firms. Mr. Swinney joined Morgan & Morgan in 2017, and currently focuses his practice on premises liability. He also serves as chair of the workers compensation section of the Kentucky Bar Association. Outside of work, Mr. Swinney loves to hike, kayak, and spend time outdoors with his wife and two daughters.
- Transylvania University, B.A., Physics & Spanish, 2004
- Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, J.D., 2008
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Workers Compensation Section
- Western District of Kentucky Federal Court
- Eastern District of Kentucky Federal Court