Get your free, immediate, Case Evaluation
Unfortunately, ATV accidents are much more common than many people assume. Also known as quads and four-wheelers, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are typically used for recreation and for work activities and are quite popular in Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Quads are notorious for traveling difficult terrain at high-speed, with the drivers having minimal protection. This is why accidents that occur while riding ATVs can be particularly devastating.
A report by the Consumer Product Safety Commission states that, in 2010 ATV accidents accounted for 317 deaths and an estimated 115,000 emergency-room treated injuries in the U.S. Tennessee alone saw 11 fatalities, 106 injuries, and 15 incidents of property damage over $400 related to ATV accidents in 2010.
Have you or someone you know been injured in an accident while riding an ATV, quad, or four-wheeler in Memphis? If you have been in an accident deemed to be the fault of another, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit to recover medical bills, vehicle repair, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Fill out our free case review form to receive a free consultation.
Causes of ATV Accidents
After being presented with an accident on a four-wheeler, the attorneys at Morgan & Morgan gather and analyze evidence to determine what caused the accident and resulting injuries. Through our extensive experience, we have observed that the most common causes of ATV accidents are:
- Defective Machinery: Poorly designed or malfunctioning ATVs can prove exceedingly dangerous, especially to inexperienced riders.
- Inexperience: Riders unfamiliar with four-wheeler rules and regulations or who are new to four-wheelers are significantly more likely to be involved in serious accidents.
- Intoxication: Unsurprisingly, alcohol and drugs are contributing factors in many ATV accidents. Intoxicants impair judgment and slow reaction time. It is illegal for people under the influence to operate any vehicle, including quads.
- Negligence: A majority of ATV accidents result simply from a driver’s negligence. Drivers not paying attention to where they are going, distracted drivers, and drivers showing off are often responsible for collisions with other all-terrain vehicles.
- Speeding: Speeding is a common cause of quad accidents. Some quads have the capability of reaching speeds as high as 100mph. Drivers may lose control of the vehicle and present a danger for everyone in the surrounding area.
How a Memphis ATV Accident Lawyer Can Help
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand the devastating effects an ATV accident can have on victims and their loved ones. That is why our Memphis ATV accident attorneys are committed to recovering the greatest monetary reward for victims and holding responsible parties, whether individuals or manufacturing companies, accountable for their negligence.
Those injured in Tennessee, Arkansas, or Mississippi ATV accidents may be eligible for damages including medical bills, vehicle repair, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you or a loved one has been injured due to an ATV accident, fill out our free case review form to find out if you can seek compensation for your losses.