Jenney Keaty has spent her entire career helping injured victims and their families hold wrongdoers responsible for the harms they cause. And she is honored to do so. Jenney has successfully resolved hundreds of cases as a plaintiff’s attorney across the state of Tennessee, where she handles wrongful death, medical malpractice, birth injuries, and other tort injury litigation for individuals and families. She represents severely injured people, or people who have lost a loved one as the result of medical malpractice, negligence, or recklessness. She has tried multiple cases to a jury in Tennessee, including being awarded a $1.75 million verdict for the plaintiffs by a Rutherford County jury in a medical malpractice case.
Jenney has earned an AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell ranking, which is the highest ranking possible. She has been selected as a Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star (top 2.5% of attorneys in the mid-south) from 2015 through 2022. The National Trial Lawyers Association selected Jenney as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” lawyers in Tennessee in 2014, 2015, and 2016. She was also selected as one of Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30 young professionals in 2012.
Jenney is a proud Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation and a member of the 2018 Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law class. In addition, she is a member of the Nashville Bar Association and Tennessee Bar Association, where she has served on the boards of both organizations’ Young Leadership Divisions. Jenney has been involved on the board of the Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.), and has been a member of the Harry Phillips American Inn of Court and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association. She is the former chair of the Davidson County Wills for Heroes Program, a program that during her tenure provided over 450 first responders and their spouses free estate planning, and also the former chair of the Law Firm Trivia Gavel Smack-Down to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Jenney went to college at The Ohio State University, where she studied Criminology, English, and Dance. She then attended the University of Tennessee College of Law, where she focused her studies on trial advocacy and dispute resolution. Originally from West Virginia, Jenney has lived in Tennessee for more than seventeen years.
Jenney is married to Burke Keaty, who is also a trial lawyer at Morgan & Morgan. They live in Nashville with their four young sons. Most of their free time is spent outdoors, at ball games, camping, or just walking in their neighborhood. Jenney and Burke are involved with their children’s schools and throughout the community, having served on committees for CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) and PULSE, a young professionals organization supporting the American Heart Association.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN; J.D. with Concentration in Advocacy; 2008
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Honors B.A. in Criminology, English, & Dance; 2004
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- TBALL (Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law) Class of 2018
- Nashville Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.) Marion Griffin Chapter, 2008 – Present
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member (formerly the Tennessee Association for Justice), 2008 – Present
- Bal d’Hiver Charity Ball Board, 2012 - Present
- Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority Nashville Alumnae Chapter, Member (former President), 2008 - Present
- Junior League of Nashville, Member, 2009 - 2017
- American Inn of Court, Harry Phillips Chapter, 2012 – 2014
- Music City Christmas Run Planning Committee To benefit Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee, 2009 - 2014
- Nashville PULSE
- American Heart Association Board of Young Professionals, 2010 - 2013
- Tennessee (October 29, 2008 to Present)
- United States District Court for Middle Tennessee (November 25, 2013 to Present)