Jenney Keaty is a plaintiff’s attorney in Nashville, Tennessee where she handles wrongful death, medical malpractice, and other tort injury litigation for individuals and families across the State of Tennessee. She represents severely injured people, or people who have lost a loved one as the result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. She has tried cases to a jury in multiple counties in Tennessee, including being awarded a $1.75 million verdict for the plaintiffs in a medical malpractice case by a Rutherford County jury last year.
A member of the 2018 TBALL (Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law) class, Mrs. Keaty’s reputation and experience have earned her several professional recognitions, including being named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star (top 2.5% of attorneys in the mid-south) in 2015, 2016, and 2017; one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 in 2014, 2015, and 2016; and one of Nashville’s Top 30 Under 30 young professionals in 2012. She has received the highest possible rating – an AV Preeminent rating – on the Martindale-Hubble Peer Review in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Mrs. Keaty is a leader in the legal community. She organized the Wills for Heroes Program in Davidson County, Tennessee for four years. During the program’s annual events, volunteer attorneys provided our community’s first responders with essential legal documents, like wills, living wills, and powers of attorney, free of charge. During her tenure as the chair of the Davidson County Wills for Heroes Program, the program served over 450 first responders and their spouses.
Mrs. Keaty was the co-chair, for four years, of the Law Firm Trivia Gavel Smack-Down to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. During her involvement, this fundraising event has over 100 lawyers participate annually and has raised over $20,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Mrs. Keaty has also held many other leadership roles in area legal organizations, including having served on: the board for the Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (TBA YLD), the board for the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (NBA YLD), and the board of the Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.). She has been an Associate member of the Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, and is a member of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association.
Mrs. Keaty graduated from The Ohio State University, where she studied Criminology, English, and Dance as a member of the Honors & Scholars Program. Mrs. Keaty then attended and graduated from The University of Tennessee College of Law. In law school, she focused her studies on advocacy and dispute resolution. She won the Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Process and the Award for Academic Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution. Mrs. Keaty also practiced law as a student, under the supervision of a faculty member, in the advocacy and mediation clinics.
A native of West Virginia, Mrs. Keaty has lived in Tennessee for more than ten years. She is married to Burke Keaty, who is also a lawyer at Morgan & Morgan – Nashville. Their household is busy and giggle-filled because of their three-year-old son, Trip, and identical one-year-old twin boys, Jay and Car.
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
- Wrongful Death
Admitted to Practice
- Tennessee (October 29, 2008 to Present)
- United States District Court for Middle Tennessee (November 25, 2013 to Present)
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- TBALL (Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law) Class of 2018
- Nashville Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
- Lawyers’ Association for Women (L.A.W.) Marion Griffin Chapter, 2008 – Present
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Member (formerly the Tennessee Association for Justice), 2008 – Present
- Bal d’Hiver Charity Ball Board, 2012 - Present
- Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority Nashville Alumnae Chapter, Member (former President), 2008 - Present
- Junior League of Nashville, Member, 2009 - 2017
- American Inn of Court, Harry Phillips Chapter, 2012 – 2014
- Music City Christmas Run Planning Committee To benefit Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee, 2009 - 2014
- Nashville PULSE
- American Heart Association Board of Young Professionals, 2010 - 2013
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN; J.D. with Concentration in Advocacy; 2008
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Honors B.A. in Criminology, English, & Dance; 2004