Insurance Claim Lawyers in New York, NY
New York Insurance Claims
350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6705
New York, NY 10118
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
New York Insurance Claims
Submitting a claim with your insurance company can feel like a gamble. You hope that the company is willing to act in good faith and help you in your time of need. But far too often, insurance companies have proven themselves willing to put profits over policyholders, leaving you without much-needed insurance.
Many insurance companies in New York City will deny initial claims. What becomes concerning is when they deny valid claims, and fail to provide a clear explanation, or any explanation at all. It’s also difficult to get them to investigate your denied claim. When that happens, you may have to take legal action.
At Morgan & Morgan, our insurance dispute attorneys in New York City have extensive experience helping clients recover the compensation to which they are entitled. If you are in a dispute with your insurance company — or have a claim that was denied or undervalued — contact the insurance dispute attorneys at Morgan & Morgan’s New York office for a free consultation.
The Concept of Bad Faith
If you’re looking to settle a denied insurance claim in your favor, it’s important to know the ways that insurers will act in bad faith. Some notable ways insurers will act in bad faith include:
- Ignoring claims or other communications for policyholders;
- Denying claims without conducting an investigation;
- Misrepresenting the coverage the insured’s policy provides;
- Failing to provide a basis for claims denial;
- Failing to promptly inform the insured that additional information is needed to adjust a claim; and
- Denying a claim or failing to promptly adjust a claim without a valid reason.
Some insurance companies will do everything in their ability to deny you coverage, even for minor charges. After years of faithful payments, companies might reject the needs of their customers over something trivial.
Your Protections Provided by the State of New York
New York provides individuals with rights protecting them from bad faith actions thanks to its’ consumer protection law, which seeks to regulate unfair trade practices that help companies at the expense of the consumer. If your insurance company acted in bad faith with your claim, it may be a violation of the law.
Determining bad faith can be difficult. A knowledgeable attorney can help wade through and understand the rights provided by the state and the federal government, while also maximizing your chance to get the compensation you need.
Insurance Disputes That Morgan & Morgan Attorneys Handle
Morgan & Morgan is committed to helping our clients resolve insurance claims in a variety of practices. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the types of insurance disputes handled by the attorneys in our New York office:
- Homeowners and Business Property Losses;
- Unfair Claims Handling and Bad Faith;
- Disability Insurance;
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Claims;
- Professional Liability Coverage;
- Errors & Omissions Coverage (E&O);
- Personal Insurance Protection;
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage;
- Car Insurance Coverage;
- Medical Billing;
- Health Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Fire Damage; and
- Hurricane and Windstorm Claims.
Contact Morgan & Morgan New York, PLLC About Your Case
Are you embroiled in an insurance dispute? Has your claim been denied and you haven’t been given a reasonable answer as to why? If so, you should evaluate your options.
To learn more, contact us for a completely free evaluation of your case.