Andrew L. Boughrum was born in Morristown, New Jersey. He has lived on the East coast, the West coasts, the South, and the Midwest. He received dual degrees in Philosophy and Economics from Vanderbilt University in 2006 and his Juris Doctorate, with certification in National Security and Counterterrorism, from Syracuse University College of Law in 2011. Mr. Boughrum is admitted to practice in New York State (2012), the Northern District of New York (2012), the Southern District of New York (2022), the Eastern District of New York (2022), and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals (2012).
Mr. Boughrum has dedicated his professional career to the practice of Civil Litigation with a distinguished background in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury work. Mr. Boughrum is recognized as an AV-Preeminent Civil Litigation Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell (2022 & 2023) and has received recognition as a Personal Injury Attorney including: Top 10 Under 40 by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (2023); Hudson Valley Top Personal Injury Attorney (2023); Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell (2022); Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers (2021 & 2022); 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injuries (2021); Top-Ranking Attorney by the American Association of Attorney Advocates (2021). Mr. Boughrum has a proven record of success, obtaining outstanding results for his clients including a $3.358 million judgment for an infant who suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of a local daycare; a $1.15 million settlement for an infant who suffered severe lead-poisoning in municipal housing; $775,000.00 settlement in a vehicle roll-over accident; $500,000.00 settlement in a slip and fall accident; $285,000.00 settlement for an infant injured by the negligence of a nail salon; $250,000.00 settlement in a rear-end motor vehicle accident; and countless full-policy tenders in motor vehicle accident cases.
In addition to his work as a crusader for justice, Mr. Boughrum is dedicated to serving his community. Mr. Boughrum has volunteered his time to collaborate with the Orange County District Attorney’s Office to provide mock-trial experience to local youth police academy programs. Mr. Boughrum is also a current member of the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity for the Greater Newburgh area.
- Vanderbilt University - Economics, Philosophy (2006)
- Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctorate (2011)
- Board of Directors,Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Newburgh Area
- New York State (2012); Northern District of New York (2012)
- Southern District of New York (2022)
- Eastern District of New York (2022)
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals (2012)
Awards and Recognitions
- AV-Preeminent - Martindale-Hubbell (2022 & 2023)
- Top 10 Under 40 - National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (2023)
- Hudson Valley Top Personal Injury Lawyer (2023)
- Top-Rated Personal Injury Lawyer - Martindale-Hubbell (2022)
- Top 40 Under 40 - National Trial Lawyers (2021 & 2022)
- 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (2021)
- Top-Ranking Attorney - American Association of Attorney Advocates (2021)