Connor J. Gilbert is an Attorney within Morgan & Morgan’s Medical Malpractice Department with a specialty in Birth Injury litigation. He represents patients and families in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States who have suffered injury from the negligence of hospitals, physicians, nurses and healthcare providers.
Mr. Gilbert began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division of the Bronx District Attorney’s Office in New York City. As a Prosecutor in the hustle-bustle of the Bronx, he had the opportunity to try various types of criminal cases to verdict and secure grand jury indictments on numerous violent felony prosecutions including attempted murders, gang assaults, and 1st degree assaults. During his time in the Bronx he was also appointed as a Special Prosecutor to the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
He thereafter made the switch to civil litigation and learned the intricacies of medical malpractice law working for a law firm that specialized in the defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, and their insurance companies. However, his desire to advocate on behalf of the people, not the powerful, led him to switch sides and join Morgan & Morgan. Today, he exclusively represents catastrophically patients who have suffered from medical negligence.
Mr. Gilbert is a proud member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, an invitation-only organization composed of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership is extended exclusively to those individuals who meet stringent qualifications and specialize in the legal practice of civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense.
In his spare time he enjoys fishing, surfing and spending time at the beach with his wife and daughter.
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy
- Medical Malpractice
- Surgical Errors
- Neonatal Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- U.S. District Court - District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Kentucky
- New York
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 Under 40
- American Association for Justice Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- New York Trial Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Boston Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- University of Colorado, B.A., Political Science
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., Trial & Appellate Advocacy Concentration with Distinction Honor