- Dental Malpractice Attorneys in PA
- Pennsylvania Labor Laws
- Pennsylvania Wrongful Termination Lawyers
- How to Hire the Best Fire Injury Lawyers in PA
- How to Find the Best Real Estate Dispute Attorney in Pennsylvania
- What Are the Mandatory Overtime Laws in Pennsylvania?
- Pennsylvania (PA) Overtime Labor & Pay Laws
- Pursuing Justice for Pennsylvania Victims of Child Sexual Abuse
- Where Can I Find the Best Rental Car Accident Lawyers in Pennsylvania?
- What Are Some Weird Driving Rules in Pennsylvania?
- What Is the Workers' Compensation Process in Pennsylvania?
- What Are the Employment Laws in Pennsylvania?
- Where Can I Find the Best Ski Accident Lawyers in Pennsylvania?
- What Should I Do if I Was Wrongly Accused of a Crime in Pennsylvania?
- How to Report a Nursing Home in Pennsylvania
- What Are Some Noteworthy Juul Pod Lawsuit Cases in Pennsylvania?
How to Hire the Best Discrimination Lawyer in PA
When you’re the victim of workplace harassment or discrimination, one of the first steps you need to take is to find a qualified discrimination lawyer in PA to help you. It’s likely that you’ve never been in this situation before, so you might not know exactly how to handle it. While you can certainly report this behavior on your own, it’s always advantageous to have a lawyer by your side. An attorney presence alone will let your employer know that your situation cannot go ignored, covered up, or be simply brushed under the rug.
Morgan & Morgan has been handling employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims for decades. We offer a free initial consultation, so it won’t cost you anything to meet with us and determine if we are the right firm for you. We have the resources of a large firm but the feel of a small, personable one that will always get back to you and keep you updated on your case. Contact Morgan & Morgan today for a free case evaluation.
How to Hire the Best Discrimination Lawyer in PA
When you’re the victim of workplace discrimination, it’s always a good idea to speak with a lawyer right away. In order to find the best discrimination lawyer in PA, you should take the following steps:
Set Up Free Consultations
One of the first steps you should take is to set up as many free consultations as possible. All reputable employment discrimination lawyers will offer a free initial consultation. It won’t cost you anything, so just set aside some time to meet with many different lawyers and firms so you can try to determine who you feel will be the best fit for you and your case.
Ask Lots of Questions!
Once you set up the free consultations, the next step is to figure out how to make the best of your short initial interview. The following is a list of questions that will help you determine which lawyer is best for you.
How Long Have You Been Practicing?
Before hiring a discrimination lawyer in PA, you’ll want to know how long the attorney has been practicing law or how long the firm has been in business. While it’s true that everyone has to start somewhere, that doesn’t mean that your case has to be one of their first of this type.
What Types of Cases Do You Generally Handle?
It’s important to know what kind of cases they usually handle. While many lawyers and firms handle many different types of cases, you want a firm that is experienced in dealing with your specific type of case. It will be up to you to decide if you want a lawyer or a firm who only handles your type of case, or if you’re okay with hiring someone who handles many different cases but also has experience with your situation.
What Percentage of Your Practice Is Devoted to Employment Discrimination Cases?
Even if you’re okay hiring a firm that handles a variety of types of cases, it makes sense to determine how often they handle employment discrimination cases so you can see how much experience they really have.
Do You Have Any Specific Training in Employment Discrimination?
When you have your free consultation, you can ask what kind of specialized training they have. All attorneys take continuing legal education classes or seminars each year in order to keep their license current. It’s important to know if any of their continuing education consists of employment discrimination issues specifically. This is a very important question to ask when determining which discrimination lawyer in PA you are going to hire.
What Is the Likely Outcome of My Case?
No lawyer will be able to tell you exactly what’s going to happen with your case. However, the lawyer or firm you hire should be able to give you some idea of what to expect. Once they look through your information, they should be able to get a better idea of the possible outcomes. Do they expect a settlement? A trial? What are they basing their opinion on?
Why You Should Hire a Discrimination Lawyer in PA Right Away
Anytime you think you are facing workplace discrimination or harassment, you need to speak with a lawyer right away. There are deadlines to meet, vital evidence to collect, and so many things that need to be done. The following are some of the reasons you should consider contacting an attorney immediately:
- You’re considering quitting your job because of the discrimination or harassment you’re facing
- You want to negotiate severance pay in exchange for quitting because of the harassment or discrimination you’re experiencing
- You aren’t sure what constitutes discrimination or harassment
- You think the statute of limitations might be imminent
- You are not sure if you have a state or federal lawsuit
- You’ve spoken to other employees you work with, and they’ve experienced harassment or discrimination as well
- You have substantial evidence that can prove you were being harassed or discriminated against
Anytime you delay contacting an attorney, you run the risk of being unable to file a lawsuit because you missed the statute of limitations. Additionally, the longer you wait to start collecting evidence, the more difficult it’s going to be to get everything you need.